[FilterScript] v1.0 Speed indicator / Speedometer with Correlli's Dynamic Circles

Circle Speedo V1.1
by denNorske

Features:
  • MPH and KMH (Currently needs to be adjusted by script defines, will change later)
  • Toggleable with /togglespeedo
  • Hides when you exit a vehicle
  • Available for passengers (Video shows otherwise, but it's fixed)
  • Adjustable in regards of which dimensions you want to calculate your speed.
    (Only X and Y, or also including Z axis. Done with script defines as for now)

Media:
Zp4CfQuVt2c ytVideo (add that after the / - yt.com/[here])

Requirements:
Correlli's Dynamic Circle System: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=601855
Y_iterate: Click for GitHub (Or simply just foreach standalone.. People tend to not use YSI library). The include Requires it anyway
Mirror for the textdraw circle Include: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9STFEV7-HjgtMIUwcINW43VyTp-w
ZCMD: Get it here (Topic)

Download:
- Check attachment. It includes both Source and AMX.

CHANGELOG:

Quote:
Version 1.0: 28.03.2017:
  • Outer Circle with filling color as you gained speed. Simple and boring.
Version 1.1: 04.04.2017:
  • Added textdraws to "fill in" the empty area.
  • Made the speedometer toggable with /togglespeedo
  • Speedometer supports both MPH and KMH. Check the Source for settings.
    (currently global and not per player)
  • The speedometer also enables for passengers. (Video show otherwise, but this was fixed)
If you have any further improvements to make, let me know.

Looks nice but adding a number indicator in the middle could make it even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyH
View Post
Looks nice but adding a number indicator in the middle could make it even better.
Thanks for the feedback. Textdraws showing that wouldn't be too bad, I'll make sure to do something about it.

Good Job mate

It is a good idea but this script feels absolutely butt naked it's more like a test script than a release.

Good job, system :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus
View Post
It is a good idea but this script feels absolutely butt naked it's more like a test script than a release.
You're probably right, it started out in the thread of the include at first. But hey, we all start somewhere? :P

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take this in consideration for later releases I might find funny to make

Version 1.1: 04.04.2017:
  • Added textdraws to "fill in" the empty area.
  • Made the speedometer toggable with /togglespeedo
  • Speedometer supports both MPH and KMH. Check the Source for settings.
    (currently global and not per player)
  • The speedometer also enables for passengers. (Video show otherwise, but this was fixed)
More to come, I want to hear a few suggestions

Nobody will ever create a more-real speedometer... this is just another velocity calculator with a cool representation. One of the better I've seen though.

If you're wondering what I mean by more-real, think real life. A real life speedometer goes by the revolutions of the tire [and some irelevant electromagnetism stuff]. As the car rolls the speedometer should say how fast the tires are rolling, NOT how much velocity there was between it's position a second ago and now like our poor GetVehicleVelocity+floatsqroot method. Using our method a car could be going down a 45 degree slope sideways and it'll just count the velocity from the last position to the next. Using a more-real method it would and should say 0.0 if the wheels are not rotating as the car slides down that slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
Nobody will ever create a more-real speedometer... this is just another velocity calculator with a cool representation. One of the better I've seen though.

If you're wondering what I mean by more-real, think real life. A real life speedometer goes by the revolutions of the tire [and some irelevant electromagnetism stuff]. As the car rolls the speedometer should say how fast the tires are rolling, NOT how much velocity there was between it's position a second ago and now like our poor GetVehicleVelocity+floatsqroot method. Using our method a car could be going down a 45 degree slope sideways and it'll just count the velocity from the last position to the next. Using a more-real method it would and should say 0.0 if the wheels are not rotating as the car slides down that slope.
He fucked up the speed calculation anyways Don't know what he is thinking but not even close to anything meaningful.

I like the design a lot, nice work mate.

I can tell you that you don't need KillTimer and SpeedTimer, instead you can use:

Код:
 SetTimerEx("UpdateSpeed", UPDATE_INTERVAL, 0, "i", playerid);
in UpdateSpeed, no need to handle the timer anymore .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRaM3LL
Посмотреть сообщение
I like the design a lot, nice work mate.

I can tell you that you don't need KillTimer and SpeedTimer, instead you can use:

Код:
 SetTimerEx("UpdateSpeed", UPDATE_INTERVAL, 0, "i", playerid);
in UpdateSpeed, no need to handle the timer anymore .
Thanks, I am glad you like it
Also, I did not realise that could be a better solution. You're completely right, thanks for the suggestion I will make sure to use that method for the future. Makes things a bit easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
He fucked up the speed calculation anyways Don't know what he is thinking but not even close to anything meaningful.
I think my calulations are making more sense than your statement.
I can see what's being said and I am interested in doing improvements if necessary (and possible). In which way is it fucked up? As far as I know, units by velocity on samp are a bit small and you'll have to use a "magic number", which in my case would be different for the
1. Circle (in order to fill it appropriately)
2. Number. (to get a somewhat realistic idea of how fast you're going.)

Besides, if I adjust it any higher I'll have the problem with that buses suddenly can reach 200 km/h, unless I make individual values for each vehicle.
Its use is aimed more towards freeroam/stunts than RP for now.

Thanks dude you are awesome

I dont like how it looks, but good job i guess... Btw, You should start it from the bottom. ( 6 o'c) and change TD color when you r close to top speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoookymon
Посмотреть сообщение
I dont like how it looks, but good job i guess... Btw, You should start it from the bottom. ( 6 o'c) and change TD color when you r close to top speed.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll make something new soon. I will try to design it a bit differently