Server is online but doesn't show as online (IP to domain)

Hey guys, so I forwarded my domain to my server IP and all is good but it doesn't really "show".

It returns ping and if I connect it connects me to the proper server, but it doesn't show the correct name on the masterlist, only (Retrieving info...) ip_here

I used to run a website on this VPS but I guess it doesn't matter that much? I need apache to be able to log into phpmyadmin anyway from time to time, so I'm not sure if that's the issue.

I'm connecting through port :7777 and my DNS is A, domain targetted at IP.

What's going on?

That's usually a DNS issue either from your side or ISP's side, I once had a similar problem:

I couldn't query servers with domains instead of IP even though when I used some sort of VPN on my PC, it started querying the server

What I would suggest is create another sub-domain with A record that points to the server IP and try to use it, if it still not working, give that sub-domain to one of your friends to see if it'll resolve or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnHunter
Посмотреть сообщение
What I would suggest is create another sub-domain with A record that points to the server IP and try to use it, if it still not working, give that sub-domain to one of your friends to see if it'll resolve or not.
This is what I am doing right now, to no avail

It's worth noting that the main website URL is linked towards my webhost, and the subdomain is linked towards my VPS.

The link worked fine. It was caused because I had both my normal IP and the domain redirect in my favourite list.

After I removed the normal IP, the domain redirect worked properly.

Thanks though

Check to see if you have the server added twice on the list. IE: Once at XXX.XxX.XXX.XXX and once as server.XXXXX.com

Remove XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and keep or re-add server.XXXXX.com and it will return all the data it should.