Map Icons Ideea

Hi guys! Few days ago i was thinking about a custom map icons system that use textdraws(sprites) to display map icon to a player in the minimap zone obviously. In my mind i have imagined a system that can track(every second) the player location and camera facing coords to display and move the map icon on the minimap when the player comes closer to his location.

Now i dont really know if this is really possible or not, but thats why i made this topic, to share with you my ideea and see what u saying about it. Some people will say that will be laggy and stuff, but that is not the point, the point is to experiment new stuff and change a bit sa-mp usual stuff for something better and cooler ofcourse. Im waiting for your comments, cya!

First of all, png will ruin this.
Secondly, custom HUDs will ruin it as well.

So you want a special map icons system that makes use of text draws on the radar instead of original map icons, once you get closer it displays it by tracking your location? I see it pointless as you can use the default map icons and your idea will ruin it as said above. Also if you get this to work on the radar you can't get it to work on the default map unless you edit the radar files of GTA:SA, however it'll be pointless too as no one will download it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
View Post
So you want a special map icons system that makes use of text draws on the radar instead of original map icons, once you get closer it displays it by tracking your location? I see it pointless as you can use the default map icons and your idea will ruin it as said above. Also if you get this to work on the radar you can't get it to work on the default map unless you edit the radar files of GTA:SA, however it'll be pointless too as no one will download it.
I dont really care about it working on the map. I need just some extra map icons for my RP server, and the default ones dont match at all with what i want. For example if i want to mark a horse beting place i can use OTB:hrs1 as a map icon to be more precise, or LD_SHRTm3 for a ammunition point. There are a lot more posibilities than using the default ones(A lot of them are useless in my opinion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashhiee
View Post
I dont really care about it working on the map. I need just some extra map icons for my RP server, and the default ones dont match at all with what i want. For example if i want to mark a horse beting place i can use OTB:hrs1 as a map icon to be more precise, or LD_SHRTm3 for a ammunition point. There are a lot more posibilities than using the default ones(A lot of them are useless in my opinion)
It's possible (quite easily, the main code should be only a few lines if you do it right) but it will look pretty ugly.

You'll have to account for widescreen mode (the radar is actually an egg on modern screens) and radar zoom if in a vehicle (velocity spikes are not really detectable, making the icons warp around asynchronous to the original radar).

I made something similar without the original radar as background some years ago, which looked okay (at 200ms update rate) but if I imagine the original map behind it, it just doesn't match especially with the lower update rate (you cannot go lower than 500ms because of the internal vector update rate when not spectating).

If you really don't mind all that or wanna see it yourself I can give you a code example how I made the custom radar which worked very well actually (considering it was made for a map editor, and not on top of a super smooth radar :P).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
If you really don't mind all that or wanna see it yourself I can give you a code example how I made the custom radar which worked very well actually (considering it was made for a map editor, and not on top of a super smooth radar :P).
I will try and make one. I think the only thing that will look bad is on the different monitor resolutions.