Why mysql?

These days, I was in need of a gm fast, and all I found was on mysql, and all of these gms not even loading.
I don't see why a lot of people, use mysql, why, just why? The old file writing, what happend to it, why people don't use it as mush as before?

Tell me how gm working whitout mysql -_-

At all, simply, at gamemode it says unknown and when I enter, nothing not working, I'm cj and I spawn nearly a farm, falling from map

But in gm I put what all the database details

i have game mods good whitout mysql if u want pm me -_-

Thank you! But is still my question why people uses mysql so hard

There Register/logib sytem and cmds work only whit mysql whitout it you will not be able to complier gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS
Посмотреть сообщение
There Register/logib sytem and cmds work only whit mysql whitout it you will not be able to complier gm
MySQL isn't needed to run a server. A gamemode will compile without it.

Why mysql? Because its fast, secure and no data losse when you save/load data (unless you scripted in a bad way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POL_george
Посмотреть сообщение
Thank you! But is still my question why people uses mysql so hard
Because it makes lots of things much easier. There are certain things that are simply not possible with regular file based storage. If a database is properly set up then everything is related to each other and there are no inconsistencies. A major change in one table is immediately propagated through the entire database.

Example 1:
Say that you want to list the five richest players in the server. What are you going to do? Open each player's file separately to check their money?

Example 2:
Say that you want to make owned properties and each player can own multiple properties. How are you going to find what properties are owned by a specific player? Open each property file separately?

Example 3:
Say that you want to make a faction system without member limit. How are you going make a list of what people are in a specific faction? Open each player's file separately?

All these questions can be solved with a single database query but it would infeasible to try to solve them with a file-based system. It would take many lines of code and it would be very slow because disk IO is very slow.

So, I understand now! But now my question is why my gamemode dont load? I added every thing was needed...
And I can make a system who make an universale account on forum?