New AMD CPUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
AMD 1700 is competition to i7 7700? Since when? Just look at clock's...The only thing that AMD does right is cache, they allocate more than enough, but Intel fixes these with internal structure. Also keep in mind that when buying high end processor you will be increasing your power use. AMD's will use way more power than Intel, and more power means more heat. While nobody gives a shit at winter, at summer everyone will. Im Intel fan and i hate Intel for many reasons, starting with all those integrated graphic cards that we dont use (but then again we could use Xeon).
Clock speed does not tell the whole story. You can have an old Core 2 Quad clocked at 4GHz and it will come nowhere near a modern 3GHz quad core.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on here. Did you even bother looking it all up? AMD Ryzen will use noticably less power than Intel's Kaby Lake lineup because of the lower TDP (95W for 1800(X)). Compare that to the TDP of the Intel Core i7 6900K which has a TDP of 140W. I seriously doubt the Ryzens will get hot.

The Core i7 7700K has a TDP of 91W, while Ryzen 1700 has a TDP of 65W. AMD uses less power in every way, and according to AMD's benchmarks, Ryzen is also faster.

Intel & Nvidia ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdv
Посмотреть сообщение
Clock speed does not tell the whole story. You can have an old Core 2 Quad clocked at 4GHz and it will come nowhere near a modern 3GHz quad core.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on here. Did you even bother looking it all up? AMD Ryzen will use noticably less power than Intel's Kaby Lake lineup because of the lower TDP (95W for 1800(X)). Compare that to the TDP of the Intel Core i7 6900K which has a TDP of 140W. I seriously doubt the Ryzens will get hot.

The Core i7 7700K has a TDP of 91W, while Ryzen 1700 has a TDP of 65W. AMD uses less power in every way, and according to AMD's benchmarks, Ryzen is also faster.
Intel propaganda at its finest Ї\_(ツ)_/Ї

Jokes aside, some people will just assume things sometimes just because they saw a video saying that AMD is automatically hotter. It will take some time for them to sink in the truth, but we'll see how everything turns out once 3rd-party reviews are posted on March 3rd.