[FilterScript] FGPS - Fj0rtizFredde

Hey guys, I am re - releasing an old filterscript about GPS. Well this is mainly educational purpose now since mostly people know scripting. Mostly.

The main purpose of releasing was really to make newbies understand some basics about GPS and stuff.

Why do this? You can just checkpoints or pickups for GPS

Well you can do whatever you want but reading this might enlighten you just like how it did with me.

The filterscript was created by Fj0rtizFredde and he had agreed for me to maintain the script and update it. It had been two years since this was made and I am happy to say that I learned things on this two year old script rather than those latter tutorials. So maybe you can learn something from here.

For now it will be released at it's early stage FGPS v1.0 since the changes are made needs testing and newbies can read this to do the arrow things that some are asking.

FEATURES:

*A GPS system using an arrow, used by some famous gamemodes out there.
*It is created with SQLITE so using it would be very very easy.
*The old GPS feature had a naming convention using splits and a comma, now it uses space and spaces between names can be made using '_' underscores
*The old GPS feature can't save new locations for your gps now you can move your old gps location anytime you want.
*The old GPS feature uses /fedit, /fsave now it uses /gpssave and /gpsrename to have some naming convention of it's own.
*The old GPS feature uses OnPlayerUpdate which might make problems on a longer run, moved to using y_timers on time. You can change the timer update to lower value for smoother arrow action but handle with care.

FUTURE PLANS:

*You can set specific GPS names
*You can set who can use the GPS by group convention(may go against your gamemode script)
*Deleting/Removing of GPS locations and sorting the remaining locations so that there will be no blank spaces. (Currently having spaces when deleting so command was removed.)

How To Use
1.)Compile using the latest includes.
2.)When you first start your server it will close don't. Worry it only means that the SQL had created the specified place to save your server. It is necessary to make sure that the data saving will not get corrupted.
3.)To create on your GPS locations you must first become a server admin or an RCON admin.
4.)/gpssave to create a location. It uses GetPlayerPos so please make sure to stand on where you want the GPS to be pointed at.
5.)/gpsrename to rename the name of the GPS
6.)If you want to delete a location Don't do it. Rename the GPS instead and relocate it so that there won't be any bugs.

If you have any problems with the naming conventions made into the script. (Hehe if you read the script you'll understand) It wasn't me, I'm innocent. It was already there and I didn't do anything on it.

Pictures will follow soon

This are the old links that Fj0rtizFredde had created
Old Repository by Fj0rtizFredde: https://github.com/Fj0rtizFredde/FGPS
Old Thread by Fj0rtizFredde: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?pid=1047959#pid1047959

CREDITS:
Fj0rtizFredde for creating this filterscript
Y_less for YSI includes
Slice for sqlite improved
Zeex for ZCMD - planned to use other CMD commands but ZCMD is much faster to update for now.
SA-MP development team for sa-mp
Sacky for fcreate function, credited by Fj0rtizFredde

link to the updated version:
https://github.com/alterego29/forks-...ee/FGPS-branch

If anyone wants to upload this on pastebin, you may do but please do pm me the link and I'll add it here.

P.S
updates might come longer than expected since I am also scripting my own gamemode, but I'll give time to it.

If I missed something please do tell me so that I can add it.

Any suggestions? Feel free to open an issue on github.

The pawno code has an M on it?
I don't know why I'm still new to github but found the platform to be so handy so that's why I'm using it.

links
SolidFiles V 1.0 - https://www.solidfiles.com/v/Dk84dzyvMPBym
SolidFiles V 1.1 - https://www.solidfiles.com/v/QkDpz3jxqGeXR

NOTE:
I'm so sorry if edits are to minimal and will surely have bugs since I am doing it along with my classes, currently my university is f upped right now with unclear class schedules since we have passed the should have been end of class on first week of February but because of natural circumstances it was moved. If there are bugs please feel free to tell me so I can update it. No point in letting people read and learn what the filterscript contains.

You should've post this in tutorials as you stated the main reason is to teach, whoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
You should've post this in tutorials as you stated the main reason is to teach, whoever.
Even it's to teach people, it's a filterscript that I do not own which is why it's under a filterscript release.

This isn't even a tutorial. I didn't tell people to do this and that to make something out of it. I just posted a script that they could read or use, which has the main purpose of teaching newbies and even advance people(coz they sometimes forget the beginner's guides). They can also just use it on their own purpose as long as the real owner is credited.

Hi friend good afternoon. I'm Difficult To Use Your FS Because When I Call My Server He Does not Recognize Command None, I Have Tested My GM Own And Others And Find The Same Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersonsouza
View Post
Hi friend good afternoon. I'm Difficult To Use Your FS Because When I Call My Server He Does not Recognize Command None, I Have Tested My GM Own And Others And Find The Same Error
Can you show me the logs?

and have you compiled the filterscript using the specified includes?

if not then I am currently in the process of uploading both .pwn and .amx on solidfiles I'll be adding the link any second now

EDIT:
a link has been added above.
If there are still errors after download or if your country blocked the site please do tell.

Please upload .AMX To test here sorry
__________________________________________________ _______________
Sorry for English. And because I'm using the translator I speak Portuguese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersonsouza
View Post
Please upload .AMX To test here sorry
__________________________________________________ _______________
Sorry for English. And because I'm using the translator I speak Portuguese.
here it's in rar just decompress it.
Both amx and .pwn is inside it.
Solid Files - https://www.solidfiles.com/v/Dk84dzyvMPBym

1-star all you did was rip off another script and make some edits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus
View Post
1-star all you did was rip off another script and make some edits.
Yes it was indicated that I didn't create the filterscript itself, I am just trying to keep it alive not just for my use but for everyone as well.

I would have benefited more if I hogged up the script but my conscience tells me that the fires of whatever is in afterlife would hurt painfully so I made up my mind to share the filterscript with the consent of it's creator. We had a discussion on his github and so I posted it up as soon as I finished editing it.

Anyone can learn the filterscript specially now that it uses zcmd and sqlite improved. More readable and understandable for the new generation, though the script is not fully optimized I will find time to optimize it and add more features into it.

And also I have seen two different codes/functions that were confused as the same by most people
PHP Code:
Float:PointAngle(playeridFloat:xaFloat:yaFloat:xbFloat:yb// this is what most people wanted to get 
and
PHP Code:
SetObjectToFaceCords(objectidFloat:x1,Float:y1,Float:z1// and this is what most people give 
I do not even recommend people to give rep if they like the script for it is not mine, they can rep the owner instead with the links given on the thread it would be easy to navigate towards his user profile.

Sounds fair enough then I was being too harsh I apologize.