About perm bans.

I've been reading through all the threads of this kind but in the end they ended up nowhere, thusi won't be surprised if this one does the same...

What could be an efficient way to perm ban a player? As proxies are a game of 2 clicks to download and change IP.. Not even a range ban can help.

Though I've seen servers who somehow issue ban on your hostname (wtf) or MAC address...

Has anyone found an efficient way to block these people from evading?

In the past, gpci was a viable solution. But nowadays, pretty much every 'h4x0r' knows how to bypass that thingy.
However, you can still check if gpci changes too often for a player and flag him as a possible evader if so.

How can it be bypassed? how easy is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
How can it be bypassed? how easy is it?
Very, just as easy as changing IP, you just need to out-smart them.

Does it change with IP, or has a separate way to change it?

IP and gpci are unrelated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
In the past, gpci was a viable solution. But nowadays, pretty much every 'h4x0r' knows how to bypass that thingy.
However, you can still check if gpci changes too often for a player and flag him as a possible evader if so.
GPCI was never a viable solution because players can have the same GPCI, and a lot of people know about the method to just change your windows user to change it. It was a method of POSSIBLY finding ban evaders, but not keeping someone banned.

Some of these bigger servers are using some PHP methods of seeing if players are attempting to ban evade. Such as LS-RP where they goto the fullest extent to catch ban evaders by using PHP, as well as pawn methods. The real best method to keeping people banned would have to be through user interaction (application to play a server or something). I doubt any automated system will keep players banned currently.

Having a good symptomatic hack detection, and a constant team of server moderators to take care of non-hacking disturbers probably is the best way yet.

Just don't permanent ban players. Most hackers hack once and leave the server forever (or for significantly long).

If you have players who keep evading and disturbing, talk to them and change them. It is possible. I have been successful convincing the evaders (some even donate at some point).

Being nice is more powerful than being strict and rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashas
Посмотреть сообщение
Just don't permanent ban players. Most hackers hack once and leave the server forever (or for significantly long).

If you have players who keep evading and disturbing, talk to them and change them. It is possible. I have been successful convincing the evaders (some even donate at some point).

Being nice is more powerful than being strict and rude.
Right on, guy.