House Choice

Hey, I'm making a House System right but i'm unsure of what to use, either CheckPoints or House Pickups, Could i get your opinion on this Please? Thanks.

Definitly house pickups, otherwise it looks like it is an objective or smth like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
Посмотреть сообщение
Definitly house pickups, otherwise it looks like it is an objective or smth like that.
Thanks, I'm currently using the House Pickup but one of my friend said he likes CheckPoints, but apparently more people prefer Pickups, I'll leave the thread here for future arguments.

House Pickup!

Never use a checkpoint for a house entrance. That's just plain stupid. Inform your friend that he got rekt.

Lol @Codeah

Apparently someone voted for checkpoint whom ever it was ( ... ).

I think none nowadays is using checkpoints for the building entrances, because that is kinda old thing to do. I personally always hated that. So pickups are way better though.

Definitely house pickups, or text labels. Just don't use checkpoints.

House pickups, it looks nice.

Whatever you pick, be consistent. Don't mix and match between pickups and checkpoints for the same general thing. For example, if you have missions, use checkpoints. If you have properties, use pickups. Or the other way around. Don't have some missions using checkpoints and some using pickups or some properties using pickups or some properties using checkpoints. That's a bit annoying for my OCD.

I tend to go with the green house icon for houses that are for sale, and the blue house icon for business that are for sale, then once they're owned I tend to use the information icon for both businesses & houses.

Checkpoints are ugly unless you're using them for checkpoint based things such as races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
Посмотреть сообщение
I tend to go with the green house icon for houses that are for sale, and the blue house icon for business that are for sale, then once they're owned I tend to use the information icon for both businesses & houses.

Checkpoints are ugly unless you're using them for checkpoint based things such as races.
Or you can rob a house with checkpoints inside of it.

House pickup

Pickup

A pickup would be much better, a checkpoint doesn't fit in my opinion.

We have constants for a reason.

#define USE_CPS (true/false) if true use CP's, else pickups

My vote is on a house pickup, it looks better to me rather than a checkpoint.

Neither. If you were a smart person like me

you would use 3D text labels and a command. Think about it. Pickups and checkpoints must use some sort of a timer to continuously check if a player is on a pickup or a checkpoint. Now with 3D text labels and commands it's a different story. To affect a 3D text label you must use some sort of a function. But in this case, you need the 3D text label only to show text (for example "House ID: 1, Owner: Unte99). And for commands? Well, all you have to do is make a command for enter/exit. And a command doesn't need a timer to be triggered. The time for entering the command would probably be something like unlocking your door in reality. Well, maybe faster than unlocking your door in reality, but you get the point. By doing all this, you avoid making pickups and checkpoints, adding them to the queue where all of them would need frequent checks if a player is on a pickup or a checkpoint.

I myself use checkpoints. I had pickups before that as well, but I decided to try something different. I have one second timer anyways so it's not a big problem to create a checkpoint when player is at a house's door.