Anti-Cheat (Why are people so greedy tho...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll just repeat, if i do it, i will make it for FREE and Open source, since its gonna be part of my launcher anyways!
You do realize if an anti-cheat is open-source, it WILL be cracked in a day or two right?
I don't know if you have the time to release two updates per day to keep up with the backdoors people find, but I know many don't have the time or resources to download them, you should keep that in mind too.

The thing is, thats how anti-cheats works, closed source, and people don't trust you enough to download something that they are not sure is clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedky
Посмотреть сообщение
It was too short, sorry.

Nothing to say, I must applaud. Kalcor is a foolish and greedy as well.
He destroyed many works. I've worked in a Zombie Server for more than two years, it took me many time, effort and pain in the eggs, but all that work came to the trash due I can't pay Hosted Tab, greedy of shit.
Fuck off Kalcor.
If your server was worth a dime, trust me you'd have invested in it, you not believing in your own work says alot about it, if you are not willing to invest in it (since it will obviously get back to you thru donations or whatever) why should anyone else do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know if you have the time to release two updates per day to keep up with the backdoors people find, but I know many don't have the time or resources to download them, you should keep that in mind too.
It's not even about backdoors. It's about the fact that they can literally edit your code to disable specific anti-cheat pieces of code and build the program to act just like yours. We are talking about the client side after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not even about backdoors. It's about the fact that they can literally edit your code to disable specific anti-cheat pieces of code and build the program to act just like yours. We are talking about the client side after all.
THATS A POINT

Non sense. If someone want cheat, he will download standard samp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdx
Посмотреть сообщение
Non sense. If someone want cheat, he will download standard samp.
You know that servers can block/flag these players, right?

I don't think that client side anti-cheat would work.
Anything that is client side can be inspected, limited and/or modified by the client at ease.
Also, why would a hacker use YOUR browser instead of the default one with anti-cheat?
I don't think the server's will want to invest in something that is unsure and limits who can join/see their server.
I think the only real way to make an effective anti-cheat is server-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkpnk
Посмотреть сообщение
Anything that is client side can be inspected, limited and/or modified by the client at ease.
Also, why would a hacker use YOUR browser instead of the default one with anti-cheat?
I don't think the server's will want to invest in something that is unsure and limits who can join/see their server.
You probably never saw a decent client anti cheat in samp...
The servers with PRIVATE anti-cheat don't obligate the players to use it, but encourage them by giving bonuses.
If a player has the anticheat running, (s)he is less likely to cheat and the admins doesn't have to worry about him.
If a player doesn't has the anticheat running, (s)he is more likely to cheat and the admins have to worry about him if the serverside anti-cheat accuse something

But it doesn't matters here, because he wants to make a open source anti cheat, and that is the dumbest idea I've ever seen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkpnk
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, sure , go on and create a server sided anti-cheat. On the day u die, i'll be standing in front of your grave, laughing at you, cause you never realized it wasn't possible.

Jokes aside though, its not possible.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, sure , go on and create a server sided anti-cheat. On the day u die, i'll be standing in front of your grave, laughing at you, cause you never realized it wasn't possible.

But most cheats can be detected server-side, well-made aimbots and d3d stuff (eg wallhack) being the only exceptions. (ok, there might be more cheats but these have little to no impact on the gameplay anyway so I won't mention them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
But most cheats can be detected server-side, well-made aimbots and d3d stuff (eg wallhack) being the only exceptions. (ok, there might be more cheats but these have little to no impact on the gameplay anyway so I won't mention them)
Some is not even close to being close to enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatog
Посмотреть сообщение
You probably never saw a decent client anti cheat in samp...
The servers with PRIVATE anti-cheat don't obligate the players to use it, but encourage them by giving bonuses.
If a player has the anticheat running, (s)he is less likely to cheat and the admins doesn't have to worry about him.
If a player doesn't has the anticheat running, (s)he is more likely to cheat and the admins have to worry about him if the serverside anti-cheat accuse something

But it doesn't matters here, because he wants to make a open source anti cheat, and that is the dumbest idea I've ever seen here.
That's interesting, I haven't seen it that way

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

My god, on any games, only servers can detect cheat, a client wont tell you when it cheats, the client IS the cheater.
SAMP does most of the physic work client-side, that is why it is hard to make server-side anti-cheats, but you can decide to handle some stuff server-side instead.
Go on, try to create a client-side anti-cheat and ask hackers to download it...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

You're acting like you cannot make a server side anti cheat when just about every server has one.. as for an open source client side anti-cheat.. you've already been told several times why your way will fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
Посмотреть сообщение
You're acting like you cannot make a server side anti cheat when just about every server has one.. as for an open source client side anti-cheat.. you've already been told several times why your way will fail
I know, i still think its possible by combining a lot of things and i will indeed give it a try

Good luck then, you need to write a kernel driver for monitoring external access to gta_sa.exe process (OpenProcess, WriteProcessMemory, CreateRemoteThread and similar system calls). Verify every DLL that is loaded into the process, and then when you are done, how will your server side plugin be sure, that the client side is valid, working and unmodified client?

Quote:

I know, i still think its possible by combining a lot of things and i will indeed give it a try

I can't understand, whats so hard to grasp in the concept of open-source? For god's sake people are cracking Denuvo(Denovu? whatever) lock that was meant to be unbreakable (or really hard to crack) and you expect your open-source anti-cheat not to be cracked in a second?

Lemme give you an example you can understand:

Your anti-cheat is a box, there's a input coming in from a side, and there's an output on the other side, no matter what you put inside people can still use a wire to connect these two together and make it look like it went thru whatever you made in your box, completely bypassing what you built because the box is open and not sealed shut.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I can't understand, whats so hard to grasp in the concept of open-source? For god's sake people are cracking Denuvo(Denovu? whatever) lock that was meant to be unbreakable (or really hard to crack) and you expect your open-source anti-cheat not to be cracked in a second?

Your anti-cheat is a box, there's a input coming in from a side, and there's an output on the other side, no matter what you put inside people can still use a wire to connect these two together and make it look like it went thru whatever you made in your box, completely bypassing what you built because the box is open and not sealed shut.
At least 4 persons told him that an open-sourced AC is not a viable solution, but he still doesn't understand.
So let him make it and fail in the next hour it gets uploaded on github.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Yeah, that was my conclusion whenever i thought about it, but i thought i might be able to figure out something more difficult to get around, for example soemthing thatt would have to be recracked everyday (ofc that might be something , that someone could automate). But, also something that doesn't require me to ship new versions everyday. Anyways, most cheaters are kids and the people that create cheats are probably having a life too, who knows. But overall, i know the problems this brings. But, i still don't think it is impossible. There must be some way. My way of thinking is that nothing is impossible (there might be things "impossible" for me though).

@Spmn I did understand everything others said, don't worry, i am just really stubborn.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
nothing is impossible
so it's not impossible to code something that can't be cracked but it's also not impossible to crack said thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
so it's not impossible to code something that can't be cracked but it's also not impossible to crack said thing?

I didnt say its impossible to crack , did i?