Anti-Cheat (Why are people so greedy tho...)

So, today i got this message:

Quote:

Hello [Bios]Marcel

I am a fan of your work, especially your SAMP Server Browser. It looks awesome and I can't wait for the official version to be released.

My suggestion, that might just make you rich one day, is that you can add an anti-cheat system to it. The servers will then pay you a small amount monthly in order to use your service. The anti-cheat system will check the User's PC for any cheat files or software. Of course a lot of players don't want this program to search through their whole system, so you can just make it an option in the settings. You should make a filterscript for the servers that will detect if the players are using your program and whether or not their anti-cheat is enabled. This way the server can suggest the players to use your anti-cheat system and can reward them if they do. If you make this, a lot of servers are going to require their players to use your system and your Server Browser will slowly replace the standard browser.

I hope this suggestion can help you with the further development of sa-mpservers.com and will make you rich on day.

greetings SecretNameHere

First of all, i don't want to get any money with my server browser, maybe some to get a better vps, but no profit at all. I want to improve the comunity and not be Kalcor 2.0.

Anways, what do u think about the anti cheat part?

i want to be kalcor 3.0 and make Samp For Gta v :3
about anti-cheat part :/ euh It's not a bad idea But if you want to be rich or famous do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlouise
View Post
i want to be kalcor 3.0 and make Samp For Gta v :3
about anti-cheat part :/ euh It's not a bad idea But if you want to be rich or famous do it
I don't want to be rich or famous

I dont want the money.

But i like the anti cheat thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
View Post

I dont want the money.
Cmon pal everyone in this world is for money or there's something wrong with you?!

When something is private, keep it private.

Quote:
View Post

I dont want the money.

But i like the anti cheat thingy
I Have an idea ! Just Make it then Servers Should Pay you To Use That Service and finally the money that you earned from it Give it To me then relax you won't be rich :3 Do you agree ? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
When something is private, keep it private.
I replaced the name Don't worry.

@Gamix I got principles

Some Server Owners may find it hard to pay a small fee if you decide to charge for it, and it won't mean anything for servers which has a great Anti Cheat already.

i wont charge ... donations maybe, but not more

As someone who's actually worked on an anti-cheat client for sa-mp I can tell you it won't make you rich. People expect you to price it ridiculously (like $50 per server) which isn't even close to its real price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
As someone who's actually worked on an anti-cheat client for sa-mp I can tell you it won't make you rich. People expect you to price it ridiculously (like $50 per server) which isn't even close to its real price.
I'll just repeat, if i do it, i will make it for FREE and Open source, since its gonna be part of my launcher anyways!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll just repeat, if i do it, i will make it for FREE and Open source, since its gonna be part of my launcher anyways!
As much as I hate security through obscurity an open-source anti-cheat is a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
As much as I hate security through obscurity an open-source anti-cheat is a bad idea.
Actually i don't think so, it will help improving it

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually i don't think so, it will help improving it
How so?
Look at MTA. Entire code is open sourced, except anticheat module. I guess you can figure out why its code is not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
How so?
Look at MTA. Entire code is open sourced, except anticheat module. I guess you can figure out why its code is not available.
Over a long time, open sourcing it will be better, to destroy the wekanesses, i'll try explaining using a metaphor.

Let us say you (the cheater) is in the middle of a street, there is an invisible wall (the anti cheat) that you can't pass, because you don't know how it works. Now let us say that wall would reveal its secrets, not knowing they might be weaknesses. You notice that you can walk through the wall by walking backwards. Now the one who built the wall, will notice, that going backwards makes people get through the wall and he can build a better wall.

Feel free to think that i am retarded xD

Edit: Swedky, why'd u remove your reply

Remember the russian forums that bypass even private anti cheaters...

Happy dreams btw, and gn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
Happy dreams btw, and gn.
jaja let me believe.

I think it makes sense, maybe u believe too much in the cheaters and not in the rest of the community

expectation != reality

why posting this thread tho

There are already servers that require you to have their "launcher" running in the background while you play... it's okay if you play on one server but gets annoying when you play on multiple servers that require this. This would solve the problem because hopefully it would become some sort of a "official" anti-cheat and players would be less hesitant in downloading it. With it being open source everybody could contribute and it would be a pretty decent anti-cheat.