RP Server Annoyances

While I might do some light ranting in this thread, I want this to be more of a discussion.

We've all joined a random (new) RP server with the same tried concept of either giving you millions as part of a refund package or making you put hours into jobbing before you have enough money to be the character that you're wanting to portray.

Am I the only one that thinks both methods are wrong? Only on SAMP do you see this system. Go to any other game or forum based roleplay sites for that matter and you're usually facing an application where you describe who and what your character will be and, if accepted, you're free to go on and portray that character. On SAMP, though, if you do an application, you're forced to wait, which is expected but then you're also forced to do even more waiting before you can truly roleplay the character you're wanting, unless, of course you wanna be poor.

Why hasn't anyone tried the way of people filling out a character application explaining what they want to be and then if accepted jumping in game to do just that? Sure, you can argue that you'll always have the folks wanting to be rich. Fine, implement a system designed for them to portray a rich character while never being a rich player. That way they can't destroy your economy by buying everything in sight. Maybe give them the house, the car, some running money and monitor what is done with that money. There's still always going to be the gang, mafia, legal and poor roleplayers just because people enjoy it like some enjoy portraying the rich folk.

I don't know, just something I've gave some thought lately. Any opinions?

Red County Roleplay do applications. I never tried joining the server but did try applying once based of a friends suggestion but was sadly declined

They do applications to join the server. What I'm talking about is a system that encourages people to get on in and roleplay what they want rather than going through a bunch of grinding and ultimately splitting the playerbase between the ones that have grinded, the ones grinding and the one roleplaying. A server where you can just login and get right to roleplaying with no restraints.

Refund offering servers, are usually set up by people that didn't get what they want on the main servers, then want to get some players as they have none to start with.

In short there's a high chance they don't even know the rules they put in place in the slightest, hence why they more than likely had problems on the main RP servers.

work your way to the top, what did you expect

I dont see any way of this working without screwing up any chance of a decent economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris91
Посмотреть сообщение
Red County Roleplay do applications. I never tried joining the server but did try applying once based of a friends suggestion but was sadly declined
Once you pass the application stage, it's a pretty decent server. Probably one of the best RP servers out there at the minute.

I seriously hate those fucking server who just refund you as soon as you join, like wtf? I joined to start from zero and work my way up the ladder. Why should I join a server as a newbie to just be given $1,000,000, a house, a business and a vehicle all in one go? That's my main annoyance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
Посмотреть сообщение
Once you pass the application stage, it's a pretty decent server. Probably one of the best RP servers out there at the minute.

I seriously hate those fucking server who just refund you as soon as you join, like wtf? I joined to start from zero and work my way up the ladder. Why should I join a server as a newbie to just be given $1,000,000, a house, a business and a vehicle all in one go? That's my main annoyance.

Check out this Russian server, they're just giving away admin positions and gang leaderships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotactics
Посмотреть сообщение
I see your points and I will raise you a "nobody f*cking roleplays" with a side of "everyone is dense".

Roleplay should be about give and take, but nobody wants to take and everyone wants to give.

An example might be a fist fight. How often does the other person loose? Never?

Yes, this isn't about the servers, but it's about the players, which kinda is the servers.

And finally whenever you want to talk to someone like a civilized human being, you usually get a gun in your face, shouting, get robbed, and then get killed.

And then there's sh*thead trolls that roleplay just enough not to get kicked.
And yeah, i totally agree it comes down to people's ego online, people forget that its just a character, they take things personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeah
Посмотреть сообщение

Check out this Russian server, they're just giving away admin positions and gang leaderships.
lmaoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones
Посмотреть сообщение
And yeah, i totally agree it comes down to people's ego online, people forget that its just a character, they take things personally.
Gotta roleplay as "you" would...

Can't be doing "superhuman" shit either, as that's powergaming... Nothing at all to do with playing fair at all, it's all just to stop you doing the big old '/me jumps a tall building in a single bound'....