VPN/Proxy

Heello.
My question is simple. I want to avoid people using VNP/Proxy on registration (on a website so I can check the player's IP). So, how can I regonize this? If the country is too far from mine, there an hight probability that the player is using a VPN/Proxy?

You can use a GeoIP solution to block anonymous proxies but that probably won't catch the majority of VPN providers. Since you're talking about a website you can also cross reference the Accept-Language request header with the language spoken in the country the IP belongs to. Not 100% waterproof, but if the header is set to Romanian and the IP belongs to France then you can be relatively sure that something is amiss. If you want to process registrations manually then you can also do a reverse DNS lookup on the IP so you know what provider it belongs to.

People come In game and we have a notification on the website to accept it. The problem is: we are many country to speak the langage (french, yes) across the world (Canada, Suisse, Belgium, Algйria, etc...) so it's a bit complicated to find who is using a VPN.
Код:
If you want to process registrations manually then you can also do a reverse DNS lookup on the IP so you know what provider it belongs to.
If someone is using a proxy/VPN so the provider is wrong ? Or false?

I got something like this for my server. I check the ip when the user connects, then cache the ip for a day. I use a custom plan from https://getipintel.net/. If you ask nicely and have a valid reason for a limit increase you could have quite a reliable source to check for vpns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayrion
Посмотреть сообщение
If someone is using a proxy/VPN so the provider is wrong ? Or false?
A reverse DNS lookup on an IP will end with the domain of the provider. In my case it will end with access.telenet.be. If the user is using a VPN, the IP will be that of the VPN so the lookup will lead back the VPN provider. If the IP can't be resolved or if it returns something like cloudflare.com then the request is almost certainly coming from a datacenter rather than the user's home.