Kaby lake CPU

Hello friends, does anyone own any kaby lake processor? if yes can explain me does it requesting special motherboard or just any motherboard with spefic socket. Second question is does it support Windows 7?

It requires a certain chipset motherboard on LGA 1151 and as far as i know it works on Win7.

****** is your friend

Kaby Lake processor are LGA 1151 and will fit into motherboards designed for Skylake (Z170, H170, B150) but the motherboard will likely need a firmware update and you need a Skylake processor to perform that update. New motherboards are available to specifically accommodate Kaby Lake CPUs (Z270, H270, B250).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Kaby Lake processor are LGA 1151 and will fit into motherboards designed for Skylake (Z170, H170, B150) but the motherboard will likely need a firmware update and you need a Skylake processor to perform that update. New motherboards are available to specifically accommodate Kaby Lake CPUs (Z270, H270, B250).
I tought they wouldn't work on B150's? Even with the firmware update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashur
Посмотреть сообщение
I tought they wouldn't work on B150's? Even with the firmware update.
Let me correct myself here, Some B150 chipset motherboards do support kaby lake, you just have to find a list wich support them in wich bios version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Ok, so if I want to buy Kaby lake CPU for cheaper motherboard, I need to update firmware and for that I need Skylake CPU am I right?

For example I want to buy GIGABYTE H170-HD3 DDR3 which costs 65 euros, so it`s possible to work with kaby lake?

Yes it will work, however you will need to update the bios firmware.

Gigabyte Bios Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanady
Посмотреть сообщение
For example I want to buy GIGABYTE H170-HD3 DDR3 which costs 65 euros, so it`s possible to work with kaby lake?
if you have a skylake cpu laying around then yes