[DISCUSSION]: Why PAWN?

Hello everybody,
so I've been asking myself since the first day I began learning pawn, why exactly SA:MP servers are made with pawn language specifically, it could have been anything else, but why pawn exactly,

sorry if this was too stupid to ask, but I couldn't resist

Dunno, ask Kalcor for this

Because pawn is simple, easy to understand and use.
It doesn't give enough low-level access to developers, but can be seen as a poor mans C++

^ poor mans C

Guess CS' AMX Mod/X played a signifiant role in the choice of PAWN.

Pawn has less functions though, i'd rather use another language such as c++

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
Pawn has less functions though, i'd rather use another language such as c++
If you are good enough in C++ you should know there is a section for plugin development and that you can use C++ there.

OT: PAWN is great, it gives you pretty much everything you need for making a mode/server. The capabilities of PAWN are amazing.

Don't know. We never had a proper C++ SDK so we could implement better scripting languages. PAWN was never made for game scripting and i was always wondering why PAWN is a scripting language in SA:MP.

In my opinion, because PAWN is one of the easiest languages to learn and won't require much time to learn, and San Andreas Multiplayer is made for young people to enjoy it's environment and old people who actually know how to code using other hard languages, it's only my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
View Post
If you are good enough in C++ you should know there is a section for plugin development and that you can use C++ there.

OT: PAWN is great, it gives you pretty much everything you need for making a mode/server. The capabilities of PAWN are amazing.
I do know basics+ of c++, but no idea how can i make a plugin to write samp scriptins in c++

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
I do know basics+ of c++, but no idea how can i make a plugin to write samp scriptins in c++
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=421090