[Tool/Web/Other] SA-MP Server Browser - Desktop Client

SA-MP Server Browser
Simple, Fast and Modern.

Our SA-MP Server Browser is a modern designed application which provides numerous amounts of servers that have been added for free, unlike the standard SA-MP Server Browser where it can cost up to 25 euros per month, but our browser also provides faster speed than the default client in which it can take a couple of minutes to load up all servers.

Features :
  • Pre-Alpha
    • Displays all servers from our database
    • The ability to set the username
    • A List of past Usernames
    • Filterable Server List (Negate filtering is possible too)
    • Connect to a Server
    • Version Changer
  • Alpha (Coming soon)
    • Settings tab
    • Change application theme
    • And possibly more...
Requirements :
Encountering Problems? :

Well, i am kind of messy you know, meaning it might happen that the Server / Client is not working for whatever reason, without me ever noticing it. So, if that ever happens, i'd be glad if someone tells me.

Credits :
  • Marcel - Software Developer
  • Codeah - Web Developer & Design Manager
  • SickAttack - Creating sa-mpservers.com
Links :

I assume you forgot SickAttack in the credits.
Anyway, Good job, though the design could be better, not bad :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oMa37
View Post
I assume you forgot SickAttack in the credits.
Anyway, Good job, though the design could be better, not bad :P.
You are right!

Design is not really modern. It is just more fancy than the current sa-mp browser. Can i connect through this application to a server or it just shows server list? Nice effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis
View Post
Design is not really modern. It is just more fancy than the current sa-mp browser. Can i connect through this application to a server or it just shows server list? Nice effort.
As of now, it mirrors this list: https://www.sa-mpservers.com/web/

In a week or less it display the servers from hosted tab too and maybe from some other websites like SCANR Monitor, i am able to do that.

Also, the design will probably still be changed
Didn't design the tables yet

Splendid, I don't know if it's just me, but this is revolutionary
keep it up +RED

Firstly I understand this program is written in Java thus it's going to be a .jar file, and in order to integrate a .jar file into a C++ program your going to have to have to write some C++ code to load and communicate with the java program. Then it's essentially just a bridge which wouldn't be too good or have a great reason to exist. (This saying your not going to write a java DLL... although possible usually not good and needs C++ code anyway. For a SAMP Plugin)

However it would be nice to see an "Internet List" added which is automatically generated vs manually entered on your website. This could be done with a DLL (a plugin) which a server can download and when it is launched shout out to your website to "LOOK I EXIST NOW". Then your website can process this and add it to the list for as long as it is active.

Weather you separate this from the manually generated list way you already do, I don't know it would be your call... but if your going to make the "Modern Server Browser" at least try to make it better in more ways than appearance and "speed". I mean it may be quicker but the native way just does it's job, I usually click it arrange a few friends to meet up by the time I've done that it's done.

A SA-MP plugin would however really push the fact that you have MORE servers you'd essentially reintroduce an internet list, I don't know but would guess you have a handful more servers and I don't see a reason to make me want to download an use it other than your version changer.

EDIT: Just read this doesn't include the hosted list so they are ALL technically "Internet List servers", although have to be manually added which is unfortunate its nice to see however I can still access a few non Hyped servers. Although I won't be downloading this to look at those either as I really know little about SA-MP Servers.com so it would have been nice to see an explanation of it in this thread or a link to one. (Although I have since found and read up on it).

I know this thread is more about the desktop client itself, but I have some remarks regarding the website. Not huge ones though, just small details.

On the Credits page, keep it consistent.
Either use an image with the name in white text on it like you've done with Codeah, or use an image with no text on it and put the name below the developer's function.
If you go with the first approach, instead of using the noavatar-image, maybe use the same blue background, but put the developer's name as white text on the image instead of the noavatar text.

The "Download for Windows" button, it doesn't show the hand-pointer on hovering. Same for the download buttons on the Downloads page.

In general, the "SAMP Server Browser" text in the top left corner, make it a link to the home page.
The website is also not very mobile-friendly. Chrome on Android gives me a pop-up to make the page fit for mobile devices, which is not something you want to happen on you website.

EDIT:
Change the favicon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
View Post
Firstly I understand this program is written in Java thus it's going to be a .jar file, and in order to integrate a .jar file into a C++ program your going to have to have to write some C++ code to load and communicate with the java program. Then it's essentially just a bridge which wouldn't be too good or have a great reason to exist. (This saying your not going to write a java DLL... although possible usually not good and needs C++ code anyway. For a SAMP Plugin)

However it would be nice to see an "Internet List" added which is automatically generated vs manually entered on your website. This could be done with a DLL (a plugin) which a server can download and when it is launched shout out to your website to "LOOK I EXIST NOW". Then your website can process this and add it to the list for as long as it is active.

Weather you separate this from the manually generated list way you already do, I don't know it would be your call... but if your going to make the "Modern Server Browser" at least try to make it better in more ways than appearance and "speed". I mean it may be quicker but the native way just does it's job, I usually click it arrange a few friends to meet up by the time I've done that it's done.

A SA-MP plugin would however really push the fact that you have MORE servers you'd essentially reintroduce an internet list, I don't know but would guess you have a handful more and I don't see a reason to make me want to download an use it other than your version changer.

EDIT: Just read this doesn't include the hosted list so they are ALL technically "Internet List servers", although have to be manually added which is unfortunate its nice to see however I can still access a few non Hyped servers.
So, it is in PreAlpha now, meaning it is not even close to being done.

We will add all the Internet/Hosted(Same) List Servers and also try to add servers from other places like SCANR Monitor.

Also, this is not a plugin, it is a standalone launcher that calls the native client over the samp protocol (samp://) to connect, we might try and change that to a shell command though, to be more dynamic.

And by the way, there is no C++ code needed (as of now and i think thats how it will be as for anytime), i can easily wrap it inside of an .exe though, which i'll make later on.

About the idea to replace the announce.exe (the one that reports to the samp master list), sounds good!

Anways, thanks for the feedingback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
View Post
I know this thread is more about the desktop client itself, but I have some remarks regarding the website. Not huge ones though, just small details.

On the Credits page, keep it consistent.
Either use an image with the name in white text on it like you've done with Codeah, or use an image with no text on it and put the name below the developer's function.
If you go with the first approach, instead of using the noavatar-image, maybe use the same blue background, but put the developer's name as white text on the image instead of the noavater text.

The "Download for Windows" button, it doesn't show the hand-pointer on hovering. Same for the download buttons on the Downloads page.

In general, the "SAMP Server Browser" text in the top left corner, make it a link to the home page.
The website is also not very mobile-friendly. Chrome on Android gives me a pop-up to make the page fit for mobile devices, which is not something you want to happen on you website.
So,first of all, the profile(credit) pictures are a personal choice.

About the Download button and the SA-MP Server Browser Tex ton the top left, thanks for the information.

And i don't think we gonna make it a mobile site, that is not really neccessary i think, ofcourse it would be cool though, but it it is not worth the effort.

Thanks for the reply though.