Future of SA-MP.

I don't think to Luis as developer, the only two would be Vince, Konstantinos and why not Mauzen and Slice (sorry Luis, I love you anyway!).

This topic again......

Jut check simmilar topic down the most of them closed so why open new one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
True dat. The only semi-active mod still left was Dugi, but it seems he's gone AWOL. Why are only betatesters moderator?

O agree some trusted members should help them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaa
View Post
This topic again......

Jut check simmilar topic down the most of them closed so why open new one ?
Because I just came back from 2 years of forgetting about SA-MP and now I cbf scrolling and spending time to find answers when I can just ask them myself.?

tfw a man repping ur server in his sig makes a topic everyone hates seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
tfw a man repping ur server in his sig makes a topic everyone hates seeing
1.) Haven't been there in ages
2.) I didn't know this was a "topic" everyone hated seeing. lol

Here's the future of SA-MP. Probably wrong tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X337
View Post
Here's the future of SA-MP. Probably wrong tho.
Nice one. Trust me, tvere will be a future for SA-MP, maybe not the brightest, but there will be one.

#makesampgreatagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY
View Post
#makesampgreatagain
As long as we don'thave to put a trump equivalent at the top now

Even if SA-MP doesn't update I think it will last long. It's 10 years old and still has a good playerbase. Even though the forums are pretty much abandoned (By that I mean, no mods/betas on. It still has numerous of users posting and making threads on it) and crawling with trolls doesn't necessarily mean that SA-MP is dead.

SA-MP can't and won't die. It's just immortal. Especially for those with bad computers(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
True dat. The only semi-active mod still left was Dugi, but it seems he's gone AWOL. Why are only betatesters moderator?
I've gathered some information regarding the last known activity of the Beta Testers + Kalcor.
I've used the latest known 'Last Activity', or when that was not available, the date of the last post.
At least 5 have had some activity since the start of 2017, another 6 last in 2016, 1 in 2015 and 1 in 2014.

5 Beta Testers for 2017, I don't think that's too bad.
But I indeed think that some respected members of the community should become moderators.
Because damn, some things are just getting worse and worse:
  • A lot of new threads in the wrong sections, which results in good threads being pushed away.
  • Just threads that make no sense, like creating a tutorial thread in which the poster just asks a question, whut? Or the Bug Reports section, people just asking scripting questions, whut? Actual bugs are being pushed further from the front page. I am thinking of compiling a list of actual bugs, just to keep track of what is really not working right.
  • Spam bots, look at hariaharia in the General section. I've reported it for a few days now, but nothing seems to happen.
  • The only threads that seem to be deleted are the 'Update' threads.
  • People just not using the search function, or ******. Scripting Help has become such a low quality section.
Assigning a few new moderators wouldn't be a bad thing. If a Beta Tester reads this, don't look at this as being replaced or not being appreciated for the work you do/have done. Look at it as passing the torch... Passing the torch to more active members, who are already spending a lot of time on these forums and have gained a very positive reputation (I don't mean the reputation system here) and are willing to do this work. This will definitely raise the quality of these forums up again.