Design Question

Hey,

So me and Codeah are creating a third Party Program for SA-MP, enbling you to Chagne your Ingame Name, your installed version and ... (doesn't matter).

So, when installing a new version, the following things could happen:

Quote:

Option 1:

As soon as you click a button, the Version will start installing, the button text will change to "Installing ..." and all the other buttons will be disabled, so the user knows he can't use them

Picture: http://prnt.sc/dzrzbs
Quote:

Option 2:

As soon as you click a button, the Version will start installing, the button text will change to "Installing ...", but this time, all buttons except from the one being installed will stay enabled, but not function.

Picture: https://puu.sh/tyeaA/ee69e84c85.png
There is a poll attached, we'd be happy if you vote.

greetings Marcel and Codeah

First one, but make the selected button its original color, makes it so much better.

Its about noticing that they are disabled ^^

3 - 3, lol

I'd personally disable them. Also good luck with the project mates!

Ty man

Disable them to eliminate distraction
that's a pretty neat GUI by the way

But why do you even need to disable them? I bet switching 1 file (samp.dll) doesn't take so much time to justify this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
But why do you even need to disable them? I bet switching 1 file (samp.dll) doesn't take so much time to justify this.
I am not just changing 1 file ^^

And depending on your internet connection it might take a while, didn't implement caching of once downloaded versions yet

Look at the differences: http://prntscr.com/dztp7g

Since all files might have difference, i am downloading the full package (fonts excluded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
Посмотреть сообщение
I am not just changing 1 file ^^

And depending on your internet connection it might take a while, didn't implement caching of once downloaded versions yet

Look at the differences: http://prntscr.com/dztp7g
Just keep the latest files and switch only samp.dll (and samp.saa ?)
That'll do the job.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Just keep the latest files and switch only samp.dll (and samp.saa ?)
That'll do the job.
Did u even look at the pic?

Quote 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
Посмотреть сообщение
Did u even look at the pic?
'Did u even look at what I wrote?"
Stop being so arrogant and listen to others. You asked for an advice, so I gave you one.
Those files shown in the picture are different, but each new version contains all the stuff from previous versions plus stuff added in that specific revision, so there is no need to replace them.

But after all, it's your software. I don't even know why I posted here as I'm not going to use your client.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
'Did u even look at what I wrote?"
Stop being so arrogant and listen to others. You asked for an advice, so I gave you one.
Those files shown in the picture are different, but each new version contains all the stuff from previous versions plus stuff added in that specific revision, so there is no need to replace them.

But after all, it's your software. I don't even know why I posted here as I'm not going to use your client.
Didn't mean to sound rude, sorry if i did. Anyways you have 0.3a (initial version when using the launcher)file for exxample and u update to 0.3.7 u'llbe missing files, right?

What a weird thing to create a thread for....
Anyways, I voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad45123
Посмотреть сообщение
What a weird thing to create a thread for....
Anyways, I voted.
Well , the thing is, that me and codeah wanted diffrent things, i wanted to disable them to improve the user experience, but he didn't want them to be grayed out because it looks ugly (his opinion), so i thouht we should ask others

You may try changing installing version button color to red when its being installed [ to be known easily ] and also to disble them all.

Btw nice project and design, good luck!

[ may I know programming language you're creating it with? ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalt
Посмотреть сообщение
You may try changing installing version button color to red when its being installed [ to be known easily ] and also to disble them all.

Btw nice project and design, good luck!

[ may I know programming language you're creating it with? ]
Java (JavaFX)