Difference between MySQL and SQlite?

As the title says..?

Also can I get the information on a website if I use SQlite? like for an UCP?

MySQL, is way better in my opinion, more options and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffierr
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes MYSQL is better.

These replies...
People on these forums just keep saying that MySQL is better, because everyone just says it is, without giving a proper explanation why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffierr
Посмотреть сообщение
Saying one thing is better, because it has 'more options and stuff' means nothing. That's like saying: a desktop is better than a laptop, because it is (generally) more powerful. No it isn't better. It might be better for your use case, but that doesn't mean it automatically is for another. They both have their benefits and fit a certain use case.
Also, having more options is pointless if you're not going to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerickClark
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes MYSQL is better.
It is better because ... ? Explain why! Don't just say something is better without explaining why you might think that it is.
Say I want a fast car. I have 2 choices: a Corsa or a Lamborghini. Which one fits my use case do you think? The Lambo of course. Why? Because it has a better engine, which is what you need when you want a fast car.

Now, to try and answer the original question.
They are both RDBMS and both use SQL, so you will be able to use the same queries. However, some functions are not directly supported in the SQLite dialect, but can be simulated. You don't have to pick MySQL automatically because of that. If you're not going to use those extra functions, what's the point?
A MySQL database can also be queried easily from other sources, like for example a website. I have no experience with trying to do something like this with SQLite, so I can't say how easy it is, or if it is even possible.
MySQL:SQLite:
Usage:Requires pluginNatively supported by SA-MP
Server:Needs external DB serverDoesn't need external DB server
Footprint:LargerSmaller, it's lightweight, it's in the name SQLite
SQL Dialect:Supports more features (rankingfunctions, XML, ...)Supports the most important features
Extra uses (website, ...):EasyLess easy
Installation:Needs some initial setupDoesn't need any setup at all
See what fits best for you.
Don't need to query the DB from different sources and don't need the more advanced functions => SQLite.
Do need to query the DB from different sources or do need the more advanced functions => MySQL.

Thanks alot, rep