Is it worth coming back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
View Post
You know you can make functions like that to make your life more simple...
Yeah. Waste even more time focusing on making functions that will somehow shorten your code instead of scripting. When there is a lot of different languages that support this kind of things natively.

Pawn has been "suitable" all this time, and only now you make out that it's not enough...

This goes along the same line as the "feature-driven" "need" for SA-MP to have updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaTTrO
View Post
Yeah. Waste even more time focusing on making functions that will somehow shorten your code instead of scripting. When there is a lot of different languages that support this kind of things natively.
One question: are you going for a programming career?

Well as you can tell by the way this samp thread has gone, the forums itself isn't the greatest. There's too much arguing and disagreement, but I do recommend getting back into scripting if you enjoy it! It's a great time waster if you're bored!

If you have nothing better to do, go for it. More constructive than some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKnoxx
View Post
Well as you can tell by the way this samp thread has gone, the forums itself isn't the greatest. There's too much arguing and disagreement, but I do recommend getting back into scripting if you enjoy it! It's a great time waster if you're bored!
Firstly, the fact that people who aren't wanting to be here, post up stupid responses to threads, should highlight that those people should indeed leave... Like, seriously, last week with the knob who was picking an argument, and his 2 dropkick mates, those 3... Should've just left long ago.

If they aren't here to help out, and be supportive of the users, then why are they here? Because they know that they can run riot, making all the fuss they want, and some of the newer members will start listening to their tripe.

Soapboxing is all the rage right now, but that shouldn't be the reason that people lap up their garbage.

I've been seeing it in various places that I am testing various portions... A game ends up with a "game breaking" bug as per their words, and then 10-15 new players jump on agreeing with them, bagging the developers, and the players who defend the game, and the "bug report" doesn't exist, because they don't submit anything, yet "expect" to be catered for.

It almost comes to a point that you have to ask why people are so gullible to not look at someones join date, their amount of posts, the content of their posts and the general demeanor of their statements.

While it happens time to time, ignore it... Simply move on to another thread, and don't get caught up in it...

I personally have no problem calling shit people out, they just think they know anything about me, but they're clearly mistaken.

My post count isn't what drives my posts... I don't have any reason to "like" anything to do with a game/mod...

I just hate people getting bashed on that don't deserve to, I hate seeing people throw out garbage suggestions to "fix" problems, and I really hate people assuming that the status of any project, has anything to do with why they decide to piss off...

They left on their own terms, yet come back to stir up shit, even after leaving. Their issue, is none of our concern, nor should they be tolerated or encouraged to continue being shit people.

Back on the topic though, if you're not enjoying making shit, then you're in the wrong foray... Don't blame it on the language, or the editor, as a bad tradesman, will always blame his tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unte99
View Post
One question: are you going for a programming career?
No. Why everyone think that if i am scripting for a simple multiplayer modification then i will be a god fucking programmer in future.

Quote:
View Post
No. Why everyone think that if i am scripting for a simple multiplayer modification then i will be a god fucking programmer in future.
No one thinks so, but it trains you i multiple ways, at least thats what i think. For example i started doing pawn and am now doing java and it was pretty easy for me get into the whole thing, even though i didn't do any object oriented languages before. The sole understand of things like pre-compiler stuff, variables, functions and how callbacks works (or whatever) might be helpful in other situations (not talking about java now).

Quote:
View Post
Then you should stop telling people which scripting language is better, because all you told was "Lua is shorter". Stop luring people into learning a scripting language that you use yourself when you have this much knowledge.

You are just making this thread go offtopic. Instead go script something.

Quote:

Then you should stop telling people which scripting language is better

I can say what i want. If you didn't notice this is a discussion board.

Quote:

because all you told was "Lua is shorter"

Did you even read my post? I said that it's not only shorter but more powerful, more flexible and up to date.

Not worth it. Find something better to spend your time on.

I've actually stopped playing SA-MP, as in joining other communities but I still script and improve my knowledge in it.

Thanks for the feedback people, it sure helped me, no more need to post advice and let it die or a mod could possibly lock it before it goes overboard.

Cheers!