Some objects are darker, and some lighter.

Hi I go straight to the point, so, When i make a map, some objects which i changed material and materialcolor, are lighter/darker than others same objects with same material and materialcolor.

NOTES:
I use Texture Studio as map editor
Everything looks good in map editor, but when I export it and load on server it starts bugging
All objects are streamed
All objects have same material and materialcolor(white)
All materialindexes have the same materialcolor

Can't really do anything about that. Those objects were designed by Rockstar to be used in one specific location only so the shading is adapted to that specific location.

Its not Rockstar object, its samp 0.3.7 object but that has nothing to do with my issue.
Its not shading, the shading dissappeared once i change materialcolor of object.

on my screenshot you can see like 10 same objects(ID:11694) with changed material and materialcolor and some of them are darker than others after I converted them to .pwn and loaded on my server.

I am guessing you're setting the materialcolor to 0 instead of 0xFFFFFFFF. I am talking about the last parameter in SetObjectMaterial function.

nah i set 0xFFFFFFFF.

Try putting a flasher/traffic light object near the connection point and see if the colours bug out even more. Many SA-MP objects (f.e the new walls) have a really annoying problem with lighting and it can't be fixed by the scripter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvann
View Post
Try putting a flasher/traffic light object near the connection point and see if the colours bug out even more. Many SA-MP objects (f.e the new walls) have a really annoying problem with lighting and it can't be fixed by the scripter.
I tried but it doesnt help rly, thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWTom
View Post
nah i set 0xFFFFFFFF.
In short: You should be using 0x0, not 0xFFFFFFFF

If you do not wish to re-colour the object (only set a material), use 0x0 as the colour parameter. This will set the material only..

For some objects, if you set any colour (0xFFFFFFFF is techinically) on material index 0, the vertex lighting will be removed which is why some objects become darker.
Ref:https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/SetObjectMaterial

Quote:
View Post
I tried but it doesnt help rly, thanks anyway
This wasn't supposed to help, I just wanted to know if that object has the same problem as the new walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4
View Post
In short: You should be using 0x0, not 0xFFFFFFFF

If you do not wish to re-colour the object (only set a material), use 0x0 as the colour parameter. This will set the material only..

For some objects, if you set any colour (0xFFFFFFFF is techinically) on material index 0, the vertex lighting will be removed which is why some objects become darker.
Ref:https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/SetObjectMaterial
i changed the matrialcolor to 0xFFFFFFFF to all objects cuz i want them to loose the vertex lighting and make the objects dark.

They all lose vertex lighting but some of them are dark(as they should be) and some of them are brighter.

Quote:
View Post
i changed the matrialcolor to 0xFFFFFFFF to all objects cuz i want them to loose the vertex lighting and make the objects dark.

They all lose vertex lighting but some of them are dark(as they should be) and some of them are brighter.
Interesting.. maybe some didn't use vertex lighting to being with (so they don't change in brightness?).

Maybe you could try some lower RRGGBB values on the brighter objects to dim them.. e.g. 0XFFDDDDDD

Not sure if it will look nice but I think its worth a shot

Sorry for posting on old thread but my soulution might help other ppl with same problem.

My soulution is, that all objects have to has max 500 draw distance, otherwise they will keep changing their texture color when you get too far.