Anti-crash - Cleo-skin changer

Hey,

At a server I script for we've had some issues lately with a hacker who changes skin as he enters vehicles to time out players. What I am wondering is if there's any way to prevent the crashing? I figure for autobanning I could hook the SetPlayerSkin and SetSpawnInfo function and save the skin, check if it's different when a player enters a vehicle and with a timer, but I believe this would still allow the hacker to crash some players before getting autobanned.

So, is there anyone here who knows if there's a good way to fix this? And also if there's perhaps a topic on this forum with some common exploits and ways to fix them, it would be great to know some animations that are frequently used by crashers / hackers for instance, but all the topics I found are very old or not really that helpful.

Thanks, hopefully someone here has an idea.

The proper way to develop an anti-method for a cheat is to get the cheat and do several tests until you know how the cheat works and how you can prevent it (e.g. GetPlayerSkin changes when the cheat is used, detecting if the player's actual skin changes under OnPlayerUpdate, returning 0 to prevent sending updates to other players, then banning the player prevents this cheat from being used on the server).

AFAIK, client skin is not synch'ed with server, so even if he manages to change his skin id, the rest of players around won't see any difference and shouldn't be affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
The proper way to develop an anti-method for a cheat is to get the cheat and do several tests until you know how the cheat works and how you can prevent it (e.g. GetPlayerSkin changes when the cheat is used, detecting if the player's actual skin changes under OnPlayerUpdate, returning 0 to prevent sending updates to other players, then banning the player prevents this cheat from being used on the server).
I know how often OnPlayerUpdate is called, but I think the damage has already been caused once the skin is changed. I mean, I would have to see that GetPlayerSkin doesn't match what I have saved, and I would think they'd already be crashed once this goes through, perhaps not though. I was personally hoping I wouldn't be required to install any cheats, but I'll definitely install this cleo mod and see whether or not they time out or not. If not, I guess an auto ban will still make the cheat way less effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
AFAIK, client skin is not synch'ed with server, so even if he manages to change his skin id, the rest of players around won't see any difference and shouldn't be affected.
Perhaps that is the case, but this cheat definitely does work and what it does is change the player's skin as he enters a vehicle. I'll happily send a pastebin link in a forum PM if anyone think they'd be able to give a better answer by taking a look. The cheater claims he wrote it and this is why it works, but there's a lot of other stuff in it so I'm assuming that he actually is just trying to steal credit for it.

Alot of those CLEO mods are always updating :/
So the better way is to ban his IP using the SAMP.BAN file
Quote:

IP bans can be added/removed using the RCON banip and unbanip commands (SendRconCommand).

Note : you must know his IP when he join, example:
Quote:

public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
new plrIP[16];
GetPlayerIp(playerid, plrIP, sizeof(plrIP));
SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, plrIP); // Replace this with another that sends message to admins , varies on your script.
return 1;
}

Sorry if i went wrong in last script xD

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So he must be a friend of the cheater to get the CLEO/ASI file xDDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHack
Посмотреть сообщение
Alot of those CLEO mods are always updating :/
So the better way is to ban his IP using the SAMP.BAN file

Note : you must know his IP when he join, example:

Sorry if i went wrong in last script xD
Hey, thanks for trying to help out, but this really isn't my problem. I have an elaborate autoban function, I know how to create an autoban for it, all I wanted to know was if there was a way I could prevent the crashing. The hacker definitely knows how to use VPNs and such as well. I'll try to return 0 in OnPlayerUpdate and see what happens then.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The cheater actually sent the files already, lol.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Not necessarily, unless that's the person that created the cheat or is the only one with it (e.g. friend created it and gave it to him/her). You can find most cheats if you look on ******* or ******.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXdur
Посмотреть сообщение
I know how often OnPlayerUpdate is called, but I think the damage has already been caused once the skin is changed. I mean, I would have to see that GetPlayerSkin doesn't match what I have saved, and I would think they'd already be crashed once this goes through, perhaps not though. I was personally hoping I wouldn't be required to install any cheats, but I'll definitely install this cleo mod and see whether or not they time out or not. If not, I guess an auto ban will still make the cheat way less effective.
...returning 0 to prevent sending updates to other players...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Not necessarily, unless that's the person that created the cheat or is the only one with it (e.g. friend created it and gave it to him/her). You can find most cheats if you look on ******* or ******.

...returning 0 to prevent sending updates to other players...
Yeah, I was thinking that they would crash before it's detected in OnPlayerUpdate, wasn't really sure though. GetPlayerSkin() doesn't seem to return the skin the hacker changed to anyway so I would think there's something else in the cleo file. I personally don't understand too much of it, but I've noticed it does something with vehicle mods too, but these should desynchronized already. Also saw a line with Horn.PlaySound, not really sure what that does. I'm starting to think that it's really hard or impossible to figure out a way to prevent this on my own, so if anyone would like to take a look please send me a pm, I'd appreciate that.