Radius question

Hello guys, I'd like to know how much is like 1 radius in game? I want to make a /gate command that will work on radius but there are more gates next to each other and I want to know exactly the radius I should work so it will open the right gate

1 meter

1 is extremely short.
The way I always test it, is with /dl In-Game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiWow
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello guys, I'd like to know how much is like 1 radius in game? I want to make a /gate command that will work on radius but there are more gates next to each other and I want to know exactly the radius I should work so it will open the right gate
I'd rather consider which gate the player is looking at to be opened or compare their angles if multiple gates are VERY close within a radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzy
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd rather consider which gate the player is looking at to be opened or compare their angles if multiple gates are VERY close within a radius.
I'd rather consider using areas with streamer (more efficient for certain scenarios [e.g. showing a TextDraw when close, hiding it when far], more accurate than IsPlayerInRangeOfPoints).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd rather consider using areas with streamer (more efficient for certain scenarios [e.g. showing a TextDraw when close, hiding it when far], more accurate than IsPlayerInRangeOfPoints).
I can agree on using areas with Streamer plugin than IsPlayerInRangeOfPoints. What I said was slightly different though. A player could be in gate's area even if it's not being looked at. The gate system I once developed were meant to be opened depending on player's camera looking at them, which I felt quite interesting myself. Other than that, the best option is to have areas using Streamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzy
Посмотреть сообщение
I can agree on using areas with Streamer plugin than IsPlayerInRangeOfPoints. What I said was slightly different though. A player could be in gate's area even if it's not being looked at. The gate system I once developed were meant to be opened depending on player's camera looking at them, which I felt quite interesting myself. Other than that, the best option is to have areas using Streamer.
If he wants that functionality (opens if you're looking at the gate), then even better to use areas as that can allow a timer to run only when the player is in the area (as a timer is obviously required for that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
If he wants that functionality (opens if you're looking at the gate), then even better to use areas as that can allow a timer to run only when the player is in the area (as a timer is obviously required for that).
I think I haven't been clear in my last post, by detecting camera, I didn't totally mean that Streamer areas shouldn't be concerned. I'd not recommend IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint, unless it's to be used for certain commands or temporary situations.

And how can I create an area? Sorry but I never worked with streamer

https://github.com/samp-incognito/sa...Natives-(Areas)