Realistic Chicago Map in GTA SA

Here is something my friend who makes Singleplayer mods has been working on. He has been working on porting the Chicago map from Driver 2 to GTA SA and will be releasing a Chiraq gang mod.

He has the map extracted from the PS1 game and loaded into 3DS Max... 90% of the textures are loaded (some are missing) and everything seems to be going well, he's gonna have somone convert it eventually

What's ya'lls thoughts on this

Heres what the map will be of

Seems cool I think! He could post it at gtaforums.com aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davve95
View Post
Seems cool I think! He could post it at gtaforums.com aswell.
Will tell him

This looks brutally dope.

Cool, but pretty useless at the same time (who plays singleplayer nowadays?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
Cool, but pretty useless at the same time (who plays singleplayer nowadays?).
*shrugs* Eh something to do when your wifi is down. I personally think it's cool especially if he adds some of the Chicago gangs and such.

Again. A cool idea. It's just a little late, as no one really plays anymore, that being said however if it's solely the map being changed it's likely these objects will be used by MTA for their servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson94
View Post
*shrugs* Eh something to do when your wifi is down. I personally think it's cool especially if he adds some of the Chicago gangs and such.
Oh, yeah! It will be so much fun to drive around and kill bots like I have nothing better to do!

It sounds good and could potentially be another GTA:United project kind? I might even attempt it if the map is good enough.
but honestly that can't be the whole map, at least not in GTA, I'd love it if he could find an alternative game with a bigger Chicago and surrondings map to port, or if I'm remembering correctly Driver 2 had other maps too, maybe he can somehow combine them and add them all as a one map.

I'm from Chicago and that looks really cool. Would love to roam Chicago around in GTA SA. Especially Lake Shore Drive or Navy Pier. DOPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTricky
View Post
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=222&t=444943

legends say almost 2 years in the future he is still 90% textures loaded and still looking for someone to port it

no reps for you
project was moved to GTA IV/V. already ported and ingame (Thanks to ArthurLopez for porting the GTA V version). Currently my team mate (GTARandom) is working on Ped & Vehicle paths, and im working on general fixes although my time is limited due to real world circumstances...

This is going from a general map conversion to a full on Total Conversion mod so be watchful

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
View Post
I guess I'll never see the light from the great outdoors again , I'll miss you forever my friend.

In all honesty though, the GTA United idea posted by someone else, would be cool but only with more locations. Therefore I think it could be a nice stitch on to GTA United but obviously now no longer GTA United and more like GTDriver United :P.
I was a part of the GTA United MP group who had RP servers back in 2013 and later in 2015.. I wish for GTA United to be revived once more on SAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
View Post
It sounds good and could potentially be another GTA:United project kind? I might even attempt it if the map is good enough.
but honestly that can't be the whole map, at least not in GTA, I'd love it if he could find an alternative game with a bigger Chicago and surrondings map to port, or if I'm remembering correctly Driver 2 had other maps too, maybe he can somehow combine them and add them all as a one map.
I prefer the Driver 2 maps to be seperated, so that more detail can be added to them, instead of spreading things such as peds/radio/spawn points between 4 cities at once.

You should join GTA:Underground team! Amazing man, keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasis223
View Post
You should join GTA:Underground team! Amazing man, keep up the good work!
I was a part of that team when it was known as "GTA: SOL" long before it became underground... (2014/2015)
Chicago was already planned as "Midway" as per my suggestion to X-seti. if I still had access to the dev i could post some of the ideas we discussed for it...

http://gtaforums.com/topic/763554-gt...ntry1066314116

the reason Underground broke off into its own thing was because of internal conflict between members. DKluin was kind of an asshole to everyone