VPS OVH

Hello guys,
Now i want to make a samp server, i searched a lot and found that best way is to make on VPS.
I found https://us.ovh.com/us/order/vps/#/le...os~'linux) many players saying that this is good.

But now i want to ask a questions:

1) is it really good? and i should use SSD1? or another plan?

2) when i am buying it, which operating system Distribution is recommended? debian? ubnutu? centos? and what is the difference?

3) and which is the best location? North America > Beauharnois (CA)? Europe > Strasbourg (FR)? or Europe > Gravelines (FR)?

4) what is Snapshot?

5) and when i buy it, i can install the samp server directly like controlling it with putty and upload files via the command and etc..? or i have to do something first?

Thanks for reading, i hope anyone leave a useful comment.
Regards

I suggest BlazingFast.io vps, they're good, ddos protected & everything that a samp server requires is pre-installed.

All you need to do is... Upload files & start server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
I suggest BlazingFast.io vps, they're good, ddos protected & everything that a samp server requires is pre-installed.

All you need to do is... Upload files & start server.
Yeah seems to be great ... website is down (or loads so slow that i dont want to wait), laugh

until now i couldnt enter that website BlazingFast.io

Bumb, anyone answer me please.

I've used OVH services for the past 2 years, dedicated servers, cloud servers, and vps's.
The unique downside of OVH is that they only support 24/7 support by calling OVH canada.

Besides that, some times the servers are down, however the downtime is inside the SLA they provide.

Hi, vps Layer 7 DDoS Protection very good price : https://www.blasthosting.com.br/vps-samp

Hi there for the best DDoS protection take https://bungeecloud.org VPS it's cheep 15$ 8gb of RAM... Ddos protection best for now. Thay blocked concookies request and all other methodes for now! Only problem is at the moment OVH is experiencing some "link problems" and players just dropp. I have problem that from 200 players go as low as 50 online for 5 minutes ... Or you could try seflow.it italians are great for real! Thay have awsome ddos protection and panels that you can monitor live every ddos attack see what goes tru firewall... Support also hyper active!

vultr.com

I would suggest reading reviews to determine the best host, thought from what you put I can tell you are not experienced with Linux nor Security, so I would go with a host, that already has sa-mp servers setup and ready to go.

This means you don't need to be troubled with securing your server, and locking it down as well as maintaining it with new updates and security patches.

Look for hosts, that have very good reputation, and good features that meet your needs.

Things to look for:

- Unlimited / Reasonable Slots
- DDOS Protected
- HTTPS Encrypted website / panel
- Uptime ( around 99%, anything lower and they probably not doing there job right. )
- 24/7 Support ( or at least enough support for you )
- Supports plugins that your server needs. ( Some hosts, block certain plugins, due to memory consumption )
- 2GB Ram ( Though not needed, I have seen some scripts require a lot of ram ).
- User Friendly Control Panel / Uploading Process
- Choose a location best for you. Closest one to you.

Hope this helps you, you can find reviews via ****** search. Simply ****** something like "sa-mp servers to buy" and then find a website and then ****** "{website name} reviews" and check to make sure they are good.