Visual Studio 2015 question

So hey, I tried to compile streamer in Visual Studio since I am new to it I did, but now when I want to compile it for Linux server, well there is a problem. I have Windows 7, so I found linux extation on microsoft store I download it but I don`t get how should I compile code which is written in Windows to Linux. So anyone have any experience with this? If yes please post here, I was searching on ****** but I haven`t found anything.

you need a Linux host machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
you need a Linux host machine
I have host machine.

https://github.com/samp-incognito/sa...gin/wiki#linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad45123
Посмотреть сообщение
Ouch, thank you I didn`t seen this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanady
Посмотреть сообщение
I have host machine.
then how is it visual studio related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
then how is it visual studio related?
Becouse it`s coded in c++, so I wanted to give a try to compile code on Windows for Linux. That`s what I wanted to try if it`s posible.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Becouse it`s coded in c++, so I wanted to give a try to compile code on Windows for Linux. That`s what I wanted to try if it`s posible.
c++ is not just compiled by Visual Studio, so if you want to compile for linux, use GCC as that's what the project already configured with (.dll from visual studio and .so from gcc). Note that i didn't mention about MinGW/Cygwin since i have never tried to make .so with it, i don't know if it's possible of not, if they do, then you could probably do the same with visual studio, even if it's possible, then i don't know why streamer plugin should depend on Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library for its windows version, so logically back again like i said about project configuration, it may depends on the project (streamer plugin for sa-mp).

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Windows 10 has Ubuntu

You can use a virtual machine. You won't have to restart the computer.

I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu on VMWare.