Whats with people.

What is with people now a days thinking they can only make servers with other community scripts (Roleplay) 2ndly why is does everyone complain if you don't use ("Other community scripts") By other community scripts im sure you all know which brands im referring to.

I would like to see a script which actually stands out for roleplay without the excuse "it has already been done" Anyone else agree?

No, scripts from other communities or downloaded scripts are more successful than original ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
No, scripts from other communities or downloaded scripts are more successful than original ones.
What do you mean by more useful? It does take less time to edit a few things and get a server running, but it gets stale when literally every server uses the same script with minimum to no edits done. But whatever, the gamemodes were released to be used, so they have the right to do so, I just wished people put more effort in editing scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
View Post
What do you mean by more useful? It does take less time to edit a few things and get a server running, but it gets stale when literally every server uses the same script with minimum to no edits done. But whatever, the gamemodes were released to be used, so they have the right to do so, I just wished people put more effort in editing scripts.
You already know how it goes.

Seems like these servers comes from the SA-MP main forum that was distributed by other game mode scripters, but some script kiddies are changing some to look like different from the original game mode, what's more is it's more successful than the original.

Because of the features, perks, something free, etc.

This also happens when the owners of the original server make bad decisions. They go in a direction which most people don't like.
That's when copycats win. They keep the basics and don't go overboard with modifications.

General laziness or just they aren't making a sever to have something unique rather then to just have their own server.

First reply explained pretty much everything.

Because people are stupid. You'll get to know this with growing up.

I'd love to make my own unique script from scratch, and I've tried, it's just too overwhelming for me to do completely by my self. I look at the project as a whole instead of breaking it down into the separate parts, and it really just discourages me. Makes me doubt my skills as a programmer, haha

I'm trying to do something new and unique, I have gracious ideas but I do not have the scripting knowledge so good developed... ( would pay up to 300Ђ for a scripter )

The people who create their own gamemodes from scratch will feel more rewarded for their efforts and will actually learn useful things because it forces you to think by yourself and come up with the 'systems' in your own way rather than just copy and pasting or editing other peoples code. However, if other servers are more successful than yours when they have put fuck all hard work into it then it can get really frustrating and this must be what stops people from writing their own stuff.

Most people like to stick with what they know rather than learning a whole new system; even though it isn't that difficult to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmelon
Посмотреть сообщение
The people who create their own gamemodes from scratch will feel more rewarded for their efforts and will actually learn useful things because it forces you to think by yourself and come up with the 'systems' in your own way rather than just copy and pasting or editing other peoples code. However, if other servers are more successful than yours when they have put fuck all hard work into it then it can get really frustrating and this must be what stops people from writing their own stuff.

Most people like to stick with what they know rather than learning a whole new system; even though it isn't that difficult to learn.
I am developing a new script from scratch these days, almost 30% done, and i do really feel great. Though i have no idea what i am going to do with my current server has 80+ playerbase and i dont feel it would be a good idea to change the script, i'd rather start new server... but that too, requires time, and as i am growing up (fuck this) responsibilities are getting over me & stealing my time.

@DeadDon: post your thing with details in Here, and you might find some people willing to work for you.

Edit: ops, you already did.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I disagree on 'people like to stick with what they already know', I feel like people prefer to go with servers that don't have an original script since it's quite easier to get around, easier to become an admin, owner doesn't come out strong, etc.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I agree to the learning experience part, i have been making a script from scratch the last days and have already learned a lot (especially MySQL and performance stuff, which is also useful outside of pawn, even though not all of it applies to the outside). But my problem is, that i kind of loose my will to keep on going after a while and also i am too lazy to do some big things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
I disagree on 'people like to stick with what they already know', I feel like people prefer to go with servers that don't have an original script since it's quite easier to get around, easier to become an admin, owner doesn't come out strong, etc.).
I agree with this, most people are of elitist nature and prefer the easy way. It's incredibly hard to become a community figure in a larger server like LS-RP or RC-RP, simply because of the vast scale of people and because they usually want the same thing (ig money, admin, generally anything that gives them power). This is my general view on the OP as well, by the way.

I agree with the rest Mickmelon said though.