RAM management?

Hello guys,

Let's say you want to create a server that use 20 plugins, considering this, you would need a lot of RAM i think.

So, my questions are:

1. Can you manage the maximum RAM usage?
2. Is there a default, if yes, how high is it?
3. (If "1" applies) How do you do it?

greeings Marcel

I am not aware of any means to set a limit on RAM usage. Probably possible with third party tools. Since the SA-MP server is 32-bit the maximum amount of RAM it can address is 2 GB if run under a 32-bit OS or 4 GB if run under a 64-bit OS. I don't know if plugins share the same memory space though, so this limit could also apply to each individual plugin. Although the most memory intensive plugin, which I think is still MapAndreas, hardly reaches 150 megabytes, anyway.

So i should just get an 64 Bit machine with at least 5 Gigs of Ram if i know i'll use up a lot?

I got myself 2gb ram vps as the owner had told me "the script is messy", i went to check "htop" (linux) and i saw the total ram usage was max 200 mbs and max 8% cpu usage....

5gbs is way tooooooo much bruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
I got myself 2gb ram vps as the owner had told me "the script is messy", i went to check "htop" (linux) and i saw the total ram usage was max 200 mbs and max 8% cpu usage....

5gbs is way tooooooo much bruh
Was just wondering, because i intent to use a lot of plugins and i also intent to stream a lot of objects like 5000 - 8000

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Bios]Marcel
View Post
Was just wondering, because i intent to use a lot of plugins and i also intent to stream a lot of objects like 5000 - 8000
Aim for a 2gb ram vps if you want to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
I am not aware of any means to set a limit on RAM usage. Probably possible with third party tools. Since the SA-MP server is 32-bit the maximum amount of RAM it can address is 2 GB if run under a 32-bit OS or 4 GB if run under a 64-bit OS. I don't know if plugins share the same memory space though, so this limit could also apply to each individual plugin. Although the most memory intensive plugin, which I think is still MapAndreas, hardly reaches 150 megabytes, anyway.
memory usage used by plugins are combined with sa-mp along with scripts and other stuff as a single process

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBrianX
View Post
Aim for a 2gb ram vps if you want to be safe.
2gb is overkill
5gb is overkill x999
1gb is perfect for years to come

the only reason you need more ram is always because of reasons that are not directly caused by sa-mp, eg mysql

or it could be simply that your script is unoptimized as fuck

I am running a Teamspeak 3 server, a apache server (php) , a MySQL Server and a samp server

And no, my script is not compeltly unoptimized