Unique server and anti cheat

Lets say there is awesome unique server you really like from promo video, but to play it require client side anticheat to be downloaded.

Would you download client side anticheat if it was required to play on the server you liked?
Would you like that anticheat to include other things like auto updater and maybe some custom image file to improve gameplay since you already downloading anticheat?

I wouldn't. Make a server-sided anti cheat.

It wouldn't be the first time, and no. Do this with MTA in that case, that's all I have to say.

I used 2 years ago Whitetiger's clientside anticheat on 1 of my servers. The client wasn't mandatory in order to connect to server, but players who had it installed were considered more trustworthy and had some privileges.

Unfortunately for me, his AC wasn't stable at that moment and I had to drop it after 1-2 months.

// Edit: out of ~200 online players, ~30 had AC installed.

We used a client on German Samplife and still had about 200 players.

So it depends on what u bet.

No, I wouldn't do it either.

If i have to download something to play at a server, i simply won't.

Well, actually depends.

If you ask the player to install it even before playing it, he/she wouldnt.

But if you actually do like @Spmn said(not force em bug give some privs and stuff for downloading that) you have 40% chances players will.

No chance in hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, actually depends.

If you ask the player to install it even before playing it, he/she wouldnt.

But if you actually do like @Spmn said(not force em bug give some privs and stuff for downloading that) you have 40% chances players will.
Actually a pretty stupid idea since innocent players will still get banned.