Games you are too chicken to play.

I saw this topic somewhere on the internet before and I decided to make this here since I thought would be an interesting topic. :P

Are there any games you really want to play and learn about the story but are too chicken to actually play and get through?

AChicken on the telltale forums listed out exactly what I wanted to say:

Okay, while I'd love to tell you of the games I'm too [ahem] "chicken" to play. So, I'll just give you a few points on my extensive list, and some that should be on there, but somehow aren't.

- Amnesia - now, I only own A Machine for Pigs, but I think that's enough for me to judge the entire series on. It's dark, it's creepy, and I've only played through about the first 15, maybe 20 minutes of it. You've got creepy, creaking mansions and attics, weird voodoo pig heads that appear out of nowhere (seriously, you go out of a room, look back through with the window, and there's one that appeared out of nowhere...) And don't get me started on the monster... because I can't really say much about. I know I passed by a closed cage when going somewhere, only to return later after hearing noises and seeing a broken, open cage... And that's it. That's the last thing I knew about the game 3 years ago before I closed it for good. I'm not running into any creepy pig-monster, no siree.

- FNAF series - so, for this one, I'm not too freaked out about. I can still watch videos of it online, and the lore that may-or-may-not be a bunch of fan made hoopla that the creator just decides to go along with ("yes... that's totally what I meant by that poster in the back of the room. hehe.") interests me nonetheless. But the fact that it's a whole game about sitting in your room, waiting for the bots to eat your face terrifies me. And the glitchy, possessed movements, and the eyes, and those jumpscares when you least expect it... ("Ok, everything seems fine on the cameras [flicks down] AAHH WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!!!?!") Too much stress. Why do I work there? Can't I just leave? What am I supposed to prevent as a security guard? I don't know. But I do know I'm never going to pick up a mouse to play that game ever again.

- Dead Space - I only have the first game for this one, because I got it for free on Origin. But I'm never buying anything of this series ever. Creepy aliens that are humans, but deformed, contorted, and downright messed up chasing you down corridors? NO THX. Walking on a catwalk and the dead body next to you decides to say hello? NO THX. The game being a quiet, necromorph vent-filled nightmare, as you slowly make your way from seemingly endless point A to point B? NONONONO THANKS. Once again, not finished, most likely never will.

Well, any other games I would never play are similar to that of a conversation I had with GamerTron7500 on the King of Thieves forum. Any games with zombies, dead coming back to life, deformed humanoids, scary monsters, bloody beheaded heads, jumpscares. Damn, I cant list them all. Too many.

Yeah, tell me the games you are too chicken to play and why.

Yeah, took me a while to do this. Please don't tl;dr!

Couldn't read everything because the bold formatting makes my eyes squint. But anyway I can play any horror games without chickening out unless it's during night time. I get spooked by even playing Metro during night time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTricky
Посмотреть сообщение
Couldn't read everything because the bold formatting makes my eyes squint. But anyway I can play any horror games without chickening out unless it's during night time. I get spooked by even playing Metro during night time.
Then that makes you a chicken I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTricky
Посмотреть сообщение
Removed bold! So yours and others eyes no longer squint.

Well, I chicken out anytime! I can't handle horror. Not even Telltale's The Walking Dead type of horror! I technically can, but I just don't like it!

For me there's only one, and that's Alien Isolation. I tried it, but at some point I was too afraid to go forward.
For the record, I tried it on the hardest mode, because they said it's the best experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
For me there's only one, and that's Alien Isolation. I tried it, but at some point I was too afraid to go forward.
For the record, I tried it on the hardest mode, because they said it's the best experience.
I got afraid by looking at ******* videos thumbnails of that game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnZ
Посмотреть сообщение
I got afraid by looking at ******* videos thumbnails of that game!
Yeah, I watched the entire walkthtough just to see how it all ends.
That game is freakin' hard and the guy who played it had some pretty close calls with the xenomorph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Then that makes you a chicken I guess?
Close. A werechicken actually.

Can't really stand horror games, don't like jump scares D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartD
Посмотреть сообщение
Can't really stand horror games, don't like jump scares D:
Actually, I think a good horror game relies on keeping a high adrenaline level, not just the jump scares.
Amnesia and Alien Isolation are very good examples.