Blast from the Past

It's been a few years since I last posted here, and as I'm in the midst of writing my college applications I'm reminiscing on everything I've done in the past ~10 years. Some of you might remember me as Ricky Phelps or just by my forum avatar, but this post isn't directed at anyone.

When I first joined SAMP, I was a scripting noob. I came from leeching MapleStory and World of Warcraft private server forum releases and making my own little communities. I had little knowledge in actual, formal coding. SAMP was an active, welcoming community where I could easily experiment with code and ask for help on the forums. I joined when I was 10 or 11 years old (2010/2011) and I had no idea what great impact it would have on my life.

I spent several years within the community and I've been a part of many communities. There were some things I've done that I'm not proud of and others that, now that I'm reflecting on them, are very meaningful to me. I disappeared from the SAMP community following a few of my web releases because I discovered my passion: web development.

The choice to leave wasn't easy to make. I uninstalled the game completely because I knew I would inevitably be attracted back to it, and I wanted to make that difficult. I came back in intermittent periods of 1-2 weeks a couple of times but I never intended to allocate the same amount of time that I had previously allocated. Leaving gave me a lot of free time to develop my web development skills and gave me insight into the real life coding world.

I'd like to say thanks for fostering the 11 year old me and I'm sorry to those who I've harmed, mainly NGG, throughout my time. I now realize that a lot of my actions were immature and I'm grateful for the enlightment my time within the SAMP community has given me. I won't be returning, but I visit the forum every once in a few months to check out if there are any major updates. I'm glad to see that SAMP has evaded my predictions and has continued growing and I'm hopeful that it will continue to do so.

tl;dr thanks