How come nobody has done this?

How come nobody has done a roleplay server based in prickle pine in LV, It such a good looking spot and can hold quite alot of people there?

There's been such servers, not any in 2016 though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luicy.
View Post
There's been such servers, not any in 2016 though..
Imo, if someone did this now it would stand out alot, not many people want LS etc. anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkeward
View Post
Imo, if someone did this now it would stand out alot, not many people want LS etc. anymore.
I'd doubt that, Los Santos has variety of locations that can suit your character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 036
View Post
I'd doubt that, Los Santos has variety of locations that can suit your character.
Yeah but isn't Los Santos way overused?

SAMP RP almost never get me immersed. I think you people really have a low standard of gaming imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnZ
View Post
SAMP RP almost never get me immersed. I think you people really have a low standard of gaming imo.
Would you mind elaborating what people with high "gaming standard" like you role play on?

Because no-one wants to, and it's only logical to use a city. Even more that roleplay servers have the most players.

If it was based in one place, roleplay would get more boring than what it already is..

It would get boring. The area is too small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTricky
View Post
Would you mind elaborating what people with high "gaming standard" like you role play on?
Why must people like you care about everything I say? View your own previous posts.

SAMP is not suitable for roleplay.

1. Graphics aren't good enough and models are not detailed enough for immersive roleplay.
2. Why would people play SAMP roleplay instead of other GTA games like GTA IV which is way better for RP.
3. The peds and their voices does not suit RP of their character.
4. Like really. Wanna roleplay? Why not just play Bully?

@BurnZ, you are insulting 3k+ (I don't know exact number) players playing roleplay servers daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
@BurnZ, you are insulting 3k+ (I don't know exact number) players playing roleplay servers daily.
It's more of an opinion, I play roleplay and found nothing offensive in what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
How is that insulting? At least back up what you said with a reason.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's the mode with the most amount of people. Enough said.

---------------

Proof of English servers dying: UIF used to be rank #1-3, now it's rank #23, with ~453 players. Highest amount used to me ~900-1000, it's now 600.

Quote:
View Post
Why must people like you care about everything I say? View your own previous posts.

SAMP is not suitable for roleplay.

1. Graphics aren't good enough and models are not detailed enough for immersive roleplay.
2. Why would people play SAMP roleplay instead of other GTA games like GTA IV which is way better for RP.
3. The peds and their voices does not suit RP of their character.
4. Like really. Wanna roleplay? Why not just play Bully?
I simply disagree with what you said and people like you make one liner posts with insufficient argument.

1. Gaming is not always all about graphics. What SAMP lacks in graphics, details etc. it makes up for gameplay flexibility and non-linearity which opens up a lot of options for freedom in shaping your role play and scripting. The same goes for Ultima Online which has been a hub for role play for years. Role play isn't all about graphics, you can get immersed in role play by mere words unless you're a simple-minded kid who blabbers about how games are shit without graphics.
2. Not many have a beefy rig to run an unoptimized shit like GTA IV and IVMP is pretty much dead now. IVMP just isn't as good as SAMP.
3. lol wtf?
4. You mean single player Bully? Why the hell would anyone want to act like they're talking with an NPC when they can talk to living people?

Just look at the projects we have/had on SAMP. Wild West RP, Medieval RP, Prison RP. There aren't even deserts nor suitable building models on GTA IV to even begin with.
P.S: It's kinda hypocritical for you to value graphics. You yourself can barely run games with good graphics lol.
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...6&postcount=40

edit:
Quote:
View Post
You insult us with your ignorance.

Again, SAMP graphics are nowhere as good as 80% of the games.

Graphics like Spider-Man Web of Shadows is what I call "enough".

Again, I already countered all your arugments. For 4, at least its realistic lol.

For 3, YOU CANT FREAKING CONTROL WHAT THE PEDS SAY. Geez, really? You never noticed that?

Also, why must you say everything in such an unfriendly way?

Why does everybody focus on being in one part of the map rather than another?

Even though the script jobs and all that shit is in one area, doesn't mean you can't RP elsewhere... Sure, you'll be away from the masses, but seriously...

Are you trying to RP or simply be a noob magnet, and flop the e-peen out?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Why must you be dismissive of so many years of godfather script being a feature of this community...

Hell, chances are you jumped on an RP server, so you must've RPed, so therefore it's good enough to RP.

Graphics don't mean jack.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Again, SAMP graphics are nowhere as good as 80% of the games.

Graphics like Spider-Man Web of Shadows is what I call "enough".

Again, I already countered all your arugments. For 4, at least its realistic lol.

For 3, YOU CANT FREAKING CONTROL WHAT THE PEDS SAY. Geez, really? You never noticed that?

Just to clarify you SA:MP is a MOD not a GAME lol SA:MP can't change graphics of GTA:SA due to copyrights & terms of Rockstar Games
Open your eyes and search for 'SAMP Is A Mod' you will find more information regarding this mod. Idk why you call it a game. If you want better graphics use a graphic mod or ask R* to improve graphics (i bet their answer will be negative)!
All ped voices can't be changed, their designed like that! Stop being so negative kid for SA:MP and role-playing servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
Just to clarify you SA:MP is a MOD not a GAME lol SA:MP can't change graphics of GTA:SA due to copyrights & terms of Rockstar Games
Open your eyes and search for 'SAMP Is A Mod' you will find more information regarding this mod. Idk why you call it a game. If you want better graphics use a graphic mod or ask R* to improve graphics (i bet their answer will be negative)!
All ped voices can't be changed, their designed like that! Stop being so negative kid for SA:MP and role-playing servers.
Oh my.

I never said it was a game. SAMP is a mod of GTA SAN ANDREAS. SAMP USES GTA SA's GRAPHICS. THEREFORE, SAMP HAS SHITTIER graphics than most games.

Yes, ped voices cant be changed or scripted to say specific things. YOU SAID IT. So that's another reason why SAMP does not give the player immersive RP.