How come nobody has done this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnZ
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh my.

I never said it was a game. SAMP is a mod of GTA SAN ANDREAS. SAMP USES GTA SA's GRAPHICS. THEREFORE, SAMP HAS SHITTIER graphics than most games.

Yes, ped voices cant be changed or scripted to say specific things. YOU SAID IT. So that's another reason why SAMP does not give the player immersive RP.
Congratz you learned how to use caps lol it's really noob thing, i am not yelling to you but you compare a mod with a game! There are so many players who love to roleplay with this kind of graphics & ped voices. I dont know what's your problem and you are being so negative to the community people just for a SA:MP graphic/ped or a roleplay server. If you are here to seek attention and dramas you dont win anything at all.

PS: If you want the peds and the graphics to be changed go speak with game directors and Rockstar Games to improve Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas instead of blaming SA:MP for the graphics and peds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
PS: If you want the peds and the graphics to be changed go speak with game directors and Rockstar Games to improve Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas instead of blaming SA:MP for the graphics and peds!
looool

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh my.

SAMP HAS SHITTIER graphics than most games.
You sir just won the

Award. Gratz.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Again, SAMP graphics are nowhere as good as 80% of the games.

Graphics like Spider-Man Web of Shadows is what I call "enough".

Again, I already countered all your arugments. For 4, at least its realistic lol.

For 3, YOU CANT FREAKING CONTROL WHAT THE PEDS SAY. Geez, really? You never noticed that?

Also, why must you say everything in such an unfriendly way?
It's a decade old game bro deal with it.
How is this better than this? GTA SA looks slightly more detailed than that and I can't imagine RP'ing a gangbanger with those graphics.

Did you actually even play SAMP? There aren't any peds in SA-MP afaik. Only players and user-created NPCs so I don't see why you need voices in samp, you do know that any mmos today don't even have voices for the player right.

@vassillis lolwut

@SayTricky You play as a ped. What are you even saying?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You dont play as a ped, you use the skin of a ped.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
@vassillis lolwut

You control what the "ped" says with a chatbox don't you? So why would the "peds" need voices? Do these "peds" have voices in GTA V Online or other new multiplayer games? No. vassillis is right you have no idea what you're talking about dude having voices for player controlled characters in a multiplayer game where you decide what your "ped" says or do is just impossible

Prickle Pine is basically a small city inside of LV meaning you'd have to rp in LV also something smaller rp servers wouldn't want

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkeward
Посмотреть сообщение
You dont play as a ped, you use the skin of a ped.
What? You technically are the character you control, even if it has a name of its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTricky
Посмотреть сообщение
You control what the "ped" says with a chatbox don't you? So why would the "peds" need voices? Do these "peds" have voices in GTA V Online or other new multiplayer games? No. vassillis is right you have no idea what you're talking about dude having voices for player controlled characters in a multiplayer game where you decide what your "ped" says or do is just impossible
You have no idea what you're talking about x 2. Anything is possible (you just need to find a way - e.g. graphics could be improved if Kalcor wanted that to happen).

TL;TR

No idea what all this nonsense is about, but it sure is nonsense. No comment.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There is software that reads text and spells it in an audio form for you.
I remember when I was little, I was playing with a little program called TalkIt.
It had several voice presets and all I did was writing shit for it to speak.
And that somewhere near when GTA SA was released. Today you find this shit everywhere you look.

As for SA-MP, development went nuts in this past few years.
We have awesome plugins like the Route Connector, Socket, Map Andreas, Col Andreas.
We have scripts that get audio from ******* and play it in game, we have databases.....
We have loads of shit to work with and they keep coming, because people are smart and they invent stuff..

So why are you asking "why would we need this"? That's just being negative, dude.
You should be asking yourself "if this is possible, how can we use it?". Because it IS possible.
We're long past that point where it was a matter or possibility.

There's always mods if you would like to improve the graphics .

http://gtaforums.com/topic/758117-ii...ntry1069341158

Why can't we all just get along? Everyone on this forum seems to hate each other and every thread I look in there is always some sort of bitch fest going on. Grow up.

Anyway.. on topic. I don't think there would be much point in just a 'Prickle Pine' roleplay because it is too close to Las Venturas and to me I always thought it was a part of the city. This means you would need to roleplay in the whole of Las Venturas, which most people do not like due to the fact that they cannot roleplay certain characters in that city due to the limitations of different types of areas. I mean you can roleplay a mafia or whatever really easily, but when it comes to gangs it isn't as easy as there are no hoods (custom mapping does help). AFAIK, IRL, Las Vegas has a low crime rate so it doesn't make much sense to do roleplay here... but who is gonna stop you?

I don't think it would work limiting people to just the Prickle Pine area.

Quote:
View Post
I simply disagree with what you said and people like you make one liner posts with insufficient argument.

1. Gaming is not always all about graphics. What SAMP lacks in graphics, details etc. it makes up for gameplay flexibility and non-linearity which opens up a lot of options for freedom in shaping your role play and scripting. The same goes for Ultima Online which has been a hub for role play for years. Role play isn't all about graphics, you can get immersed in role play by mere words unless you're a simple-minded kid who blabbers about how games are shit without graphics.
2. Not many have a beefy rig to run an unoptimized shit like GTA IV and IVMP is pretty much dead now. IVMP just isn't as good as SAMP.
3. lol wtf?
4. You mean single player Bully? Why the hell would anyone want to act like they're talking with an NPC when they can talk to living people?

Just look at the projects we have/had on SAMP. Wild West RP, Medieval RP, Prison RP. There aren't even deserts nor suitable building models on GTA IV to even begin with.
P.S: It's kinda hypocritical for you to value graphics. You yourself can barely run games with good graphics lol.
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...6&postcount=40

edit:

You insult us with your ignorance.
The best ever reply.