The best host and help with database?

Hey, i've just bought two servers with two host. - 1. with Unique Hosting, but they had such terrible support so i've just cancelled.
2. with Evolution Host; I heard they are great with excellent support but I am not seeing that? I bought a server a couple of hours ago, they had sent me an email with my login information, FTP information but no IP Address? I logged into the panel and my server isn't even there and there's live chat is offline and I have sent a couple of emails but had no reply. Can someone tell me their experience with Evolution Host.

Also, I have another question. Do all servers need a MySQL database? I uploaded all my server files to the first host, managed to get the server up and running but when I opened up the game, it connected but the tutorial didnt work, it just kept on switching between views and if I pressed spawn it would spawn me but instantly close the connection. Didn't give me any option to register or login, just closed the connection. Is this because I didn't have a SQL database? This is another reason why i've bought another host because it comes with a database.

Regarding your second question, not all servers need that I believe. It depends on your server's script, however, since you're facing problems, always keep in mind to check the server logs every time you start your server. This way you could tell whats wrong with it whenever you're facing problems. Try showing us your server logs too.

You may check this thread i think it would be helpful for you

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=618463

The support is there to solve technical problems on their end that you can't solve yourself. They're not there to set up your server for you. They expect you to know what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgeousmaniac
Посмотреть сообщение
Regarding your second question, not all servers need that I believe. It depends on your server's script, however, since you're facing problems, always keep in mind to check the server logs every time you start your server. This way you could tell whats wrong with it whenever you're facing problems. Try showing us your server logs too.
At first the error was something to do with: samp03svr - I can't remember the error exactly but i've removed that server now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarkness
Посмотреть сообщение
You may check this thread i think it would be helpful for you

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=618463
Thank you.
EDIT: I've already been reading this, but thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
The support is there to solve technical problems on their end that you can't solve yourself. They're not there to set up your server for you. They expect you to know what you're doing.
I don't want anyone to setup the server for me? I wanted technical support on their end, nothing to do with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaMousey
Посмотреть сообщение
2. with Evolution Host; I heard they are great with excellent support but I am not seeing that? I bought a server a couple of hours ago, they had sent me an email with my login information, FTP information but no IP Address? I logged into the panel and my server isn't even there and there's live chat is offline and I have sent a couple of emails but had no reply. Can someone tell me their experience with Evolution Host.
Although you have the information the server still takes a few hours to get setup, because of the time difference in certain countires. Me and my cousin recently used Evolution hosting and it took a few hours for the server to be made but once it was made, it runs like a beauty. I'd recommend them if you're looking for a stable host.

You expect a server to magically work without knowing anything, yet you blame the hosting company for your lack of knowledge. #logic