argument type mismatch.

Hello everyone, I have a question, should I add "[]" in stock?

PHP код:
stock CriarPersonagem(playeridnome[]) 
PHP код:
stock CriarPersonagem(playeridnome
PHP код:
stock CriarPersonagem(playeridnome)

new

nome[60];

format(nomesizeof(nome), "debug: %s"nome);

SendClientMessage(playerid, -1nome);
}
        new 
nome[40];

strmid(nomeinputtext0strlen(inputtext), 255);

CriarPersonagem(playeridnome); //error 
Quote:

\gamemode RP\gamemodes\gamemode.pwn(5902) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 2)

I am a beginner and I am learning from you.

yes you need and also dont define the variable nome in definition as it passed to function as arguement already

The variable "nome" has been already defined as you created the stock. You dont need to define it again in order to use it. Its like a standard public where stuff like "playerid, vehicleid, etc." can already be used without using "new playerid" inside of it.

This is the correct format
PHP код:
stock CriarPersonagem(playeridnome[])//nome is already defined now
{  

format(nomesizeof(nome), "debug: %s"nome);//here we are using the defined variable

SendClientMessage(playerid, -1nome); 

Can we stop calling it "the stock", please? I don't necessarily mind that you use the stock keyword (but if its not necessary it's better that you don't). What I do mind is mangled terminology. There's no such thing as "a stock". It's called a function or a stock function.

Thanks Sreyas, GangstaaSunny and Vince, helped me and also will take possible doubts of newbies, closed topic, doubts withdrawals.

@edit

Quote:

C:\Users\User\Desktop\San Andreas Multiplayer\gamemode RP\gamemodes\gamemode.pwn(574 : error 010: invalid function or declaration
C:\Users\User\Desktop\San Andreas Multiplayer\gamemode RP\gamemodes\gamemode.pwn(574 : error 017: undefined symbol "nome"
C:\Users\User\Desktop\San Andreas Multiplayer\gamemode RP\gamemodes\gamemode.pwn(5899) : warning 202: number of arguments does not match definition
C:\Users\User\Desktop\San Andreas Multiplayer\gamemode RP\gamemodes\gamemode.pwn(5806) : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never used: "str"
C:\Users\User\Desktop\San Andreas Multiplayer\gamemode RP\gamemodes\gamemode.pwn(21229) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "CriandoPersonagem"
C:\Users\User\Desktop\San Andreas Multiplayer\gamemode RP\gamemodes\gamemode.pwn(21229) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "str2"
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

4 Errors.

PHP код:
stock CriarPersonagem(playeridnome[])

new 
str2[256];

format(str2,sizeof(str2),"debug:%s",nome);

SendClientMessage(playerid,-1,str2);
    return 
1;

A question, what is the stock for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukMathcuck
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks Sreyas, GangstaaSunny and Vince, helped me and also will take possible doubts of newbies, closed topic, doubts withdrawals.

@edit

A question, what is the stock for?
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=570635

Please, remove stock if you are using the function.
Show the line where you have errors.