Indie Game Developer solo's an open-world project and shows progress

So here's the story.

I've been developing a project alone for the past few months while trying to seek support and help from various developers, artists, and so on. I never managed to persuade them into helping me however. Due to the lack of funds that I have or had, I was unable to even hire them. I offered royalty, even when I mentioned the game was near it's Kickstarter phase.

I sacrifice my sleeping schedule to work on something that is a big undertake for me. Might I add, I have the knowledge, and skills to the game's production. That doesn't mean I'm proficient in all of the areas I develop the game in, my Kickstarter even shows that. I've documented the game, did a roadmap, spend hours to days planning on how to execute it.

Without further ado; here's what's been worked on.

I have a Kickstarter going on too, and I figured I'd post that here too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...roject-liberty

Look good continue it

Awesome work mate! I love the designs you've made. Are you using Unity?

Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaTim
Посмотреть сообщение
Awesome work mate! I love the designs you've made. Are you using Unity?

Keep it up!
Unreal Engine is being used to develop this game.

I love the details, omg. +2

This looks pretty epic. Well done.

tbh, there are way to many survival games.. With games like identity I think the survival genre will be washed out. There have already been a couple big you tubers make a video of identity, so when they release more footage, boom.

Although this does look really good, well done . I'll be keeping up to date on this too

Don't forget to make it scriptable (something like pawn)! This is what made samp successful and survive so long (and why GTA V Online gets boring too fast)

What are you using for this if i may ask?

While this is a beautiful concept in my honest opinion you are not gonna succeed, Such projects require so much coding that if you at least need to have a starting budget or a starting dedicated team, purely relying on kickstarter doesn't work (or maybe it will, which I hope but don't expect)
Anyways good luck, looking forward to see the progress.

"Did someone mention vehicles?"

2ambitious4me

But if you actually get a team, I'll be looking forward to this.

Quote:

Liberty is an Open-World game that mixes MMORPG and Survival game elements.

Quote:

Limited Businesses and Property options.

How would you actually make a property for each player? Reuse property locations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
How would you actually make a property for each player? Reuse property locations?
The limit of players per server will be up to 64. There's already 10 houses places down, not including apartments either. (I'm only counting the houses that are fully developed and placed down during the development phase, not the full game phase.)

The will be more property slots than player slots of the game's server itself. Giving plenty more choosing options for those players in that server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer101
Посмотреть сообщение
The limit of players per server will be up to 64. There's already 10 houses places down, not including apartments either. (I'm only counting the houses that are fully developed and placed down during the development phase, not the full game phase.)

The will be more property slots than player slots of the game's server itself. Giving plenty more choosing options for those players in that server.
What would happen if two players owning the same property connected to the same server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
What would happen if two players owning the same property connected to the same server?
That would be inevitably impossible, unless a solution to say they owned a "key" object in their inventory which allowed them the ability to simply make changes to that property as that key would make them the owner themselves.

But the idea is to have one sole owner. Once that property is brought, it will be under the person who brought and owns it.

I'd also like to announce I will be trying to release two trailers to end this year off, I'll release details later on as we reach close to 2017. Be on a lookout!

I love your mapping and mods since ever, I'm a big fan of your job, since that NY City project that you released here, keep working on it mate, you have a great future waiting for you.

You should PM me. I'd like to help.

Good work man, Just say you something:
God helps those who helps themselves....
Hardwork is the key to success

Hardwork and you will be a great man one day.Take my advise" be a good man rather than just stepping higher and higher on the stairs of success and leaving the mankind behind thirsty and hungry..." Every one should have understood it.