Why People use old SAMP Versions?

Alright so,
Durning the past few days, I've noticed a lot of servers using older versions of SAMP that actually have a good average player base which I find strange. At first, I thought that they might not know how to update the version of their server but I don't believe that a server owner who gets more than 30 players online daily at once can't do this.

They have their own players, doesn't want to use newlier features, there are many reasons

They do know how to update the server, the problem is the players.
People who play on old SA-MP versions are mostly spanish (speaking from avg playerbase) and cannot update SA-MP mostly because their fav servers are there. So the owner wouldn't want to lose their stable(ish) playerbase.

Newest version is the most messed up one, that's why.

I've seen a 0.3x server filled with bots. That could be the reason.

I still think they're those people who are so passionately devoted to lagshot because it requires "skill".

GTA United used 0.3d, but that won't be why this is happening.

Some people use the old SA-MP versions, because they cannot update/optimize the script for the latest version. Even if the downloaded gamemode was meant to be ran only on a specific version, it would take some time to fix that issue regarding to upgrade. Depends again on the skills of scripting though.

Because the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnZ
Посмотреть сообщение
Because the players.
Thats right, they are kinda attached to the version & players.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I actually asked around in those servers and most of them told me that they don't use 0.3.7 features anyway so they didn't bother updating. Why risk losing players doing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyll
Посмотреть сообщение
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I actually asked around in those servers and most of them told me that they don't use 0.3.7 features anyway so they didn't bother updating. Why risk losing players doing that?
Yeah but you risk losing players by not updating the version too cuz some of them might move to 0.3.7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXxX
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah but you risk losing players by not updating the version too cuz some of them might move to 0.3.7.
It goes both ways honestly. If I have a player base of 30 and a new update rolls out should I take the risk of losing the players by updating and then they don't update or should I take the other risk of not updating and then they do update.

So the question remains...do players tend to update even if the server they play on doesn't? Unless they play on several servers then they don't benefit because they only get new features if other servers are using them. I still recommend just updating your server.

Less cheaters is a decent reason as well

The servers living in 0.3x/d wont move i guess... they just decided to camp out there.