Hello again.

My name is Aerotactics, and I am a SAMP addict.

My HDD decided to give out for the last and final time a couple months ago. I hadn't been working on any SAMP projects when it decided to go, but now that I haven't been able to use my computer, I've had the urge to start scripting again.

I had been working on Fort Carson Roleplay previously, and one of the times that my HDD crashed (it's been glitchy for a year or two now) I lost that project while I wasn't working on it. I'm not too worried that it's gone, since I do enjoy starting scripts from scratch. I don't know how soon it will be before I get a new HDD, but the latest is February, unless I get lucky on Christmas.

Anyways, I always enjoyed making stuff unique. I was curious as to what kind of scripts have not been done yet. I see there's more server advertisements now, than there was the last time I was browsing. I considered making a TDM, but those have been done before. I also considered another RP server, but that would take way too much time. I did work on a Hunger Games server 3 different times in the past, maybe start a new one? I don't think it fits with SAMP, though.

I also don't think I should NEED to buy a hosted tab to get players. It's stupid.

Conclusion (TLR), have an idea for a new gamemode I should try to make when I get my computer up and running?

Sorry for rambling, thanks for reading.

Need For Speed server, lack of racing servers

Server with a humble owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
Посмотреть сообщение
Need For Speed server, lack of racing servers
I saw a Need for Speed server a few years ago. Sadly there wasn't a whole lot of activity on it, and in order to race, you were required to have more than 1 person, so no races played sadly.

A server purely for racing would be a good idea.

It is what I have in mind to do. A full Need for Speed themed server.
Have solo and pvp races and events in which police is involved.

NFS isn't a quite viable option since you'll need NPCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
NFS isn't a quite viable option since you'll need NPCs.
Not really. There can be solo drift races, time trials checkpoint collecting, you can do a lot of stuff besides PVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Not really. There can be solo drift races, time trials checkpoint collecting, you can do a lot of stuff besides PVP.
I was thinking all races can be done solo, you might not earn as much, but everytime you beat the course record, you might earn a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotactics
Посмотреть сообщение
I was thinking all races can be done solo, you might not earn as much, but everytime you beat the course record, you might earn a bonus.
Well there's only so much a player without hacks can do. At some point the race's current record will be impossible to break.
Maybe create bronze silver and gold medals, just like the singleplayer schools have. That would mean riding the living shit out of each track during testing to see exactly how difficult each medal shoulod be. Here are my main ideas:

Create solo races with actual milestones to complete in each one (have them generated with the Route Connector Plugin). These can be used in leveling up the character;
PVP races will serve in building up reputation. The reputation can add up a wining bonus to each race;
I would go even higher and create new lands that can be unlocked based on the character's level and rep;
Activities like car shows can be created that add a temporary prize boost for the players involved. That's one reason to hang out in one place with other players and just... have a good time.
Loads of achievements (distance traveled, number of races, time spent on server, number of car shows attended, and other stuff).

I'd play on a race server!

You can do a "hot pursuit" mode when police vehicles try to stop racers from going through the checkpoints, putting spikes on the road.
I played this mode on a popular MTA server. I hope that is not advertising
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpnKFrsXe9U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTaZZ69
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd play on a race server!

You can do a "hot pursuit" mode when police vehicles try to stop racers from going through the checkpoints, putting spikes on the road.
The gamemode in itself is simple to make, but we were talking about actual racing and having a career and reputation as a racer.
To implement cops, you need a good motivation for players to do it, since money could be won on either side.
Racers have a lot of stuff available so they won't get bored. I can't say the same thing about cops.
Sure you can have them unlock equipment at higher levels, but what happens when there are too many high level racers on the server and only low level cops?
There are a lot of things to consider when making this kind of system.

You can create a police faction that has to stop the racers.
Something like a TDM server but here we talk about racing teams.
Also, let's say that ugghhh players start with one ordinary car and they have to earn their cash by racing and purchase new and faster vehicles. For cops let's say that by levelling up the get access to faster cars, guns...
You can create police divisions such as HSI that will take care for the racers who have better and faster cars,
Air Units using mavericks in order to follow the car and give information to the ground units about its location.
You can make people apply in order to join the Police Faction, that'd limit it for experienced players inside only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXxX
Посмотреть сообщение
Something like a TDM server but here we talk about racing teams.
We're talkinig about racers who compete with eachother, not racing teams. Those will probably be special events.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
purchase new and faster vehicles. For cops let's say that by levelling up the get access to faster cars, guns...
Air Units using mavericks in order to follow the car and give information to the ground units about its location.
You're over complicating the whole thing. The game's map is simple enough end well known by now. People don't need to pass along those amounts of information to eachother.
They can see everything on the minimap, and they can also be guided by a well scripted radar system with markers and indicators.
Besides, what you're talking about needs too much coordination. This is all taking place on a 12 year old game played by mostly 10 to 16 year old kids.
That's the main reason I will actually take guns out of the equation.
In a world where every split second counts, you need to make things as easy as possible for them.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You can make people apply in order to join the Police Faction, that'd limit it for experienced players inside only.
That would mean even fewer cops. We're not talking applying about real life rules, like Convoy Trucking does.
Their online exam is well justified, but here it would have no use.

Leaving all that aside, the only way to implement cops, would be forcing players to meet certain requirements as a cop, before moving on to higher levels.
This way has its own issues. For instance, some players would be stuck because they join the server to do be cops, but there are no wanted racers.
So they won't be able to move on themselves as racers.

Supposedly we get this one figured out, implementing cops, means implementing a wanted system. There are more things to be established like:
- When a player gets wanted - basically they're all racers, so they all break the law constantly. You can't just put cops in there to keep them in jail all the time.
- What makes a player's heat level to increase/decrease
- What can a player do to evade a pursuit.