Managing SA:MP along with your Engineering [Bachelor] study.

Well, I left SA:MP ages ago and just logged in here to check whether people tend to leave this game when it comes to their higher studies.

P.S: I miss SA:MP and those good people back at that time.
Love you, All.

Currently in my last year (applied computer science). While I do still read and post on these forums, I do not actively play or script anymore. There are just too many other projects and duties to keep up with.

Upholding a server at this time is impractical. I have come to know from experience that players demand timely updates. You need to be throwing them a bone every so often to keep them satisfied while you work on the next big thing.

I spent 10 minutes attempting to write a text here about what happens if you fail to do that. I don't know how to properly phrase it, but it all hinges on the fact that the "mood" of the playerbase correlates with the mood of the scripter. Happy playerbase = motivated scripter, angry playerbase = demotivated scripter.

Hi, I am currently in my first year of undergraduation in Computer Science and I come here 3 days a week or so and sometimes even spare time to play my favourite server. SA-MP is still a fun game to play. Yeah, it is quite hard to spare time for SA-MP when end sems come but in the normal days I have about 5 hours of free time. We have point system in our college and I have about 52 points right now that means I study 52 hours a week (lab assignments, self-study and all the other stuff) and other time is invested in clubs etc.. I still can manage time, play and do my favourite stuff!

I don't know but I am inclined more towards CS:GO because that's what our whole hostel do at night and also I see alot of movies, TV series etc.. so it's getting harder to spare time for SA-MP. But anyway I still log in to forums, playing is a different thing which I don't do anymore or rarely do.

Actually, when you get more into the studies, more into the other stuff, you forget about SA-MP, loose intereset. It happened with me for a while, when I was working and studying at the same day. At least I finished my studies and now I am only working. Even when I have my dayoff, I have played on some SA-MP server, but only for few minutes, because I do not feel the joy anymore, like in the good past years.

Not just studies, maybe I just got bored but then again I got myself really busy. Barely checking forums now and also talk sometime over at #sa-mp

There are a lot of other reasons why people stopped playing the modification.

I'm also done with studies, and just working, and I truly want to spend my time in sa-mp. The problem is, I can't find a server like the one I ended moderating on.
Even if I start my own server, getting a player base takes time which I don't have.

I managed to operate my servers while studying all the years. In fact, my SA-MP servers helped me with some projects and I even wrote my dissertation using experience from operating web and servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
Посмотреть сообщение
I managed to operate my servers while studying all the years. In fact, my SA-MP servers helped me with some projects and I even wrote my dissertation using experience from operating web and servers.
Best SA-MP server in my opinion.

On Topic:

Well I don't really play samp actively as I used to do before, but I keep developing and testing my projects almost daily, I visit the server which I'm admin at least weekly, and I try to combine the knowledge that I got from the college (almost everything theory of computer science) with the practice of programming languages to improve my projects. So I don't really see SA-MP as a hobby that I left after I grew, it's a hobby that I must carry for my whole life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
CS undergraduate, IIT-Guwahati. | IMO qualified | NSO State rank 3 | Technothlon AIR 112 | NCO State rank 2 | NTSE scholar | KVPY Fellow (KVPY SA AIR 102)| PSAT qualified | National rank 8 in TALLENTEX | INChO and INPhO qualified | INOAA qualified, selected for OCSC |
i think you are too much qualify for samp??