[Plugin] [FIXED] Fixes2 - timer accuracy

Hi!
First of all, let me point you to the original thread that I took the source from: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=571505
You can also find all the informations there.
Update: original source taken from https://github.com/Southclaw/fixes2

So everyone knows that timers in samp arent really accurate, thus plugins/includes like this one were made targetting this issue (and/or others)
I've used Dans timerfix plugin for a very long time, but sometimes (randomly, not even after >20 days) the timers were going crazy (from 1000ms to <100ms) even after the update that had to fix it. Because of that I have moved onto fixes2 some time ago, which was working perfectly fine, however it was crashing/freezing my server on "exit" command (I somehow resolved it without even modifying the source), and I also found out that using KillTimer inside of the timer makes it go forever. The KillTimer issue was actually simple, however it took me some time to realize how simple it was, the fix is even simplier (i'd rather call it an ugly fix)

I have also removed the logpritnf redirect as it was stopping all the print/f()'s from getting saved into server log.
Oh and I did remove all the stuff from fixes2.inc as I only needed the timers to be fixed.
Functionality remains the same, for more go to the original thread (link above)

Download (with source, .dll and .so (ubuntu 12.10)):
https://www.mediafire.com/?tyqc1dfoib9e6be

(don't blame me for not putting it onto github pls)

Edit: updates base source to Southclaw's one (apparently removing the logprintf/print/printf redirect caused the server to freeze)

THX!! It works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Just asking us not to complain about you not doing the right thing is not going to cut it. Why is this not on github? Or at least some other dedicated source sharing website.

mediafire: is:

1) Broken horribly.

2) Covered in ads.

3) Artificially delayed for no good reason (see 2).

4) Has no submittable issues.

5) Has no submittable pull requests.

6) Has no viewable source.
Yeah, I agree with you. Money hungry people man...

Money hungry people? I don't make a broken penny off of mediafire. I don't consider this any project worth putting onto github, I don't even care about it honestly, just wanted to share it in case someone experiences a similar problem with the original plugin. Anyway, it was posted in 2016 and the first reply was made in 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotSILENT
Посмотреть сообщение
Money hungry people? I don't make a broken penny off of mediafire. I don't consider this any project worth putting onto github, I don't even care about it honestly, just wanted to share it in case someone experiences a similar problem with the original plugin. Anyway, it was posted in 2016 and the first reply was made in 2018.
Actually he meant MF itself made cash out of the spammed ads

Glad I had a fork, I pushed the updates to my copy and this is the (supposedly) commit, in case someone wants to browse the changes to the code.
https://github.com/Kaperstone/fixes2...26a17eef5b3bc2

It's so worth the github.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotSILENT
Посмотреть сообщение
I've used Dans timerfix plugin for a very long time, but sometimes (randomly, not even after >20 days) the timers were going crazy (from 1000ms to <100ms) even after the update that had to fix it.
What? I'm using his source code on my plugin for over 3 years with so many players and a BIG script using lots of timers, did not encounter such issue you're pointing to! I have exactly a global 1000ms timer that handles lots of things, I will of course be noticed if any problem happens! (I'm not talking about those extra functions & features, there were some bugs there but also Fixes2 have about 0 extra features (Just a timer counter & delay))

The guy is not here (since the time of your post date), but still you people ...

EDIT: If you are already using Dan's, fear not, you don't need to switch. it's totally fine and guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliassassin123456
Посмотреть сообщение
EDIT: If you are already using Dan's, fear not, you don't need to switch. it's totally fine and guaranteed.
I'm not so sure. When I was using Dan's timer fix, my 100ms perplayer timer was going crazy (5-15ms) and bugged my gamemode - after deleting plugin, problem dissapeared :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalec
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not so sure. When I was using Dan's timer fix, my 100ms perplayer timer was going crazy (5-15ms) and bugged my gamemode - after deleting plugin, problem dissapeared :P
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
(I'm not talking about those extra functions & features, there were some bugs there but also Fixes2 have about 0 extra features (Just a timer counter & delay))
Just use SetTimer_ & SetTimerEx_!
As I said, I haven't experienced any issue on my server for 3 years, if anyone is claiming that this issue with these 2 functions still exist, please explain to me which part of source code is not OK!

Just tried using this, all timer gone crazy.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Just use SetTimer_ & SetTimerEx_!
As I said, I haven't experienced any issue on my server for 3 years, if anyone is claiming that this issue with these 2 functions still exist, please explain to me which part of source code is not OK!
Dan's plugin is faulty, I've been using it for some time and the timers were going crazy after random time intervals.
Just look at the issues here: https://github.com/udan11/samp-plugin-timerfix/issues (and there are 3 closed issues which address the same problem).
I'm currently running this plugin for over a year and never had any single problem.

Been using this too since months ago, no problems at all.