Replacing characters inside a string

Alright so I've stumbled upon a problem while creating this, I am simply trying to make something that will replace certain parts (random parts) of a string.

Example

Normal String:
Quote:

Hello World

Output should have 10 random characters:
Quote:

Aqer Zxcas

Now currently my system is kinda glitchy.
1. It will replace few characters with exactly the same letter. For example it will replace 5 characters with a character S
2. Sometimes it will cut down the string. So for example you write "Hello world" and you will get the output "P"

pawn Код:
new LetterList[26][] =
{
    "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", "H", "I", "J", "K", "L", "M", "N", "O", "P", "Q", "R", "S", "T", "U", "V", "W", "X", "Y", "Z"
};
stock strReplaceChar(string[128]) {
    new text_lenght = strlen(string),
        rr = random(text_lenght);

for(new i=0; i < text_lenght; i++) {
        if(!strcmp(string, " ")) continue; //just to avoid cutting down the spaces
        strreplace(string, string[rr], LetterList[random(sizeof(LetterList))], true, .maxlength = 128);
    }
    return string;
}

PHP код:
new LetterList[] =
{

'A''B''C''D''E''F''G''H''I''J''K''L''M''N''O''P''Q''R''S''T''U''V''W''X''Y''Z'
};
stock strReplaceChar(string[]) {
    for(new 
i=0j=strlen(string); ji++) {
        if(
string[i] == ' ') continue; //just to avoid cutting down the spaces

string[i] = LetterList[random(sizeof(LetterList))];
    }
    return 
string;

Is that what you wanted?

Yep thats the one, thanks mate, I didnt even notice I was using strcmp also there, replaced that with strfind.

+Rep

No need for strfind as you're comparing just one character on both ends, you can just compare both of the cells' numeric value.

You're welcome.

Yeah thats even better, thanks for the tip mate!

Yeah, YW again!

Just another thing, warping a character in single quotes gives you its numeric value.

Damn bro I was going ham earlier wrapping everything in singlequotes, got too used to doing web development hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, YW again!

Just another thing, warping a character in single quotes gives you its numeric value.
If you want it even simpler, this works as well:

PHP код:
new letterList[] = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
Or you can use minrandom/randomEx with 'A' through 'Z', cutting out the array entirely.