Gaming laptop

I personally own a Toshiba Satellite CQ600 and it's amazing, i3 processor, 4 gigs of ram, amd radeon 5000 runs all games on high/med settings

I usually play on my friends laptop and it is a sick one -- Origin EON17-X 10 series. It's a beast. I'll just list out the specs and then you be the judge:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K
Processor speed: 4.5GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Storage: 1.5TB
Screen size: 17.3 inches

Battery is an issue but the performance pays for it. I am planning to buy one for me too in a few days.

Could probably buy a desktop with the same specs for half the price. And if you're going to be quite literally chained to an outlet, then what's the point?

IMO there isn't really such thing as a "gaming laptop". That label is overrated.

If anything, your just getting a laptop with good specs. It'll be useful for traveling, and that's about it.

A "gaming" computer should be able to efficiently and effectively play games. It should also be easily upgradable and more affordable.

It is an obvious fact that a laptop will overheat, become outdated, and break down faster than any desktop.

Perhaps you should explain your situation more in depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Alienware
Yea.. buying a $3000 laptop that's 6kg and hot as shit when a $600 pc out performs it, very nice choice

MSI
Fair price compared to other brands with similar specs, plus i got msi and runs battlefield in ultra with 60fps.

I have gtx 970m 3gb and the laptop back a year was around CA$1500 + tax. You can get better now since GTX10 series and VR is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
Yea.. buying a $3000 laptop that's 6kg and hot as shit when a $600 pc out performs it, very nice choice
Show me another 13'' laptop with 512GB ssd, gtx 1060 and quad core i7 6700hq.. Then tell me its price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
I usually play on my friends laptop and it is a sick one -- Origin EON17-X 10 series. It's a beast. I'll just list out the specs and then you be the judge:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K
Processor speed: 4.5GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Storage: 1.5TB
Screen size: 17.3 inches

Battery is an issue but the performance pays for it. I am planning to buy one for me too in a few days.
i'd rather build a mini itx pc and buy a decent laptop like dell xps 13 instead of that lmfao

Thank you so much guys for your opinions and advices. Forgot to mention, that I'm currently in a situation of traveling from place to place, so getting a laptop is of course better choice, instead dragging the whole pc destkop stuff. Also I decided to purchase hp for 800Ј, which is for gaming and no need those ones for 1.2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1am0nd
Посмотреть сообщение
Thank you so much guys for your opinions and advices. Forgot to mention, that I'm currently in a situation of traveling from place to place, so getting a laptop is of course better choice, instead dragging the whole pc destkop stuff. Also I decided to purchase hp for 800Ј, which is for gaming and no need those ones for 1.2k.
Sweet, just don't expect the laptop to run everything.