CEF for SA-MP?

What is CEF(chromium embedded framework)?
The Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) is an open source framework for embedding a web browser engine based on the Chromium core. It is a convenient way to add web browser control and implement an HTML5-based layout GUI in a desktop application or to provide web browser capabilities to a software application or game, and provides the infrastructure developers need to quickly add HTML rendering and JavaScript to a C++ project. It also comes with bindings for C, C++, Delphi, Go, Java, .NET / Mono, and Python and runs on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.

What do I think should be made?
A plugin side player and side server, like audio or SA-MP+. Players download a single .asi, this connect player to server by sockets.

Benefits
This can improve the GUI of the user, adding new words, bootstrap pages, web pages etc...

When i think this never come be in a official update this may be in plugin.

I dont known what more to say, but take a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdWmLSsauWQ

This topic is like the: Discord for SA-MP?

-Sorry my bad english

good, would be a new life for samp.

( Sorry my bad english ).

That used to be my one of my Dreams for samp, and even though people suggested it as fuck in past samp updates, Kalcor never even moved a finger to bring it to his mod unfortunatelly, I hope he develop it in 0.4a if it somehow exist someday.

Good, but involves removing the essence of SA-MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydewhyd
Посмотреть сообщение
Good, but involves removing the essence of SA-MP
I know the game atmosphere fits perfectly with the world of 90's, but the Graphical User Interface don't have to respect the same rule. Just my opinion.

1. It has already been done with SA-MP Live but that project died after some time since it was closed source and probably contained exploits (guy that made it didnt really have reputation to back him up)

2. I would involve client side plugin, and that is something most people are not willing to download. If they were we would have custom models on servers since there is plugin released for that (died as players didnt want to download client side plugin, plus they would have to wait till models are downloaded)

3. CEF plugin would require some kind of web server, while there is web server plugin for samp/pawn i didnt check it so i can not say anything. But fact is it would require additional port(s) so using shared hosting is out of question (and that is at least 50% of servers out there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0minal
Посмотреть сообщение
That used to be my one of my Dreams for samp, and even though people suggested it as fuck in past samp updates, Kalcor never even moved a finger to bring it to his mod unfortunatelly, I hope he develop it in 0.4a if it somehow exist someday.
Highlight for me where they've suggested this before.

SA-MP live was similar to steam, with it's ingame UI... This is actually in the game/server itself.

I also don't think that it'd be a need to get the server to run a web server as this is essentially just a client, inside a client.

To get such a thing as this to really work, you'd be best to get it in the client itself, rather than a plugin.

And, just because the discord plugin was suggested and is being actively discussed, doesn't make this suggestion, anything close to the discord topic at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Highlight for me where they've suggested this before.

SA-MP live was similar to steam, with it's ingame UI... This is actually in the game/server itself.

I also don't think that it'd be a need to get the server to run a web server as this is essentially just a client, inside a client.

To get such a thing as this to really work, you'd be best to get it in the client itself, rather than a plugin.

And, just because the discord plugin was suggested and is being actively discussed, doesn't make this suggestion, anything close to the discord topic at all.
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...um#post3587511

There were a lot more on that previous 0.3.7 board

I'm not telling to make web browsers in server, think in all possibilities, make a beautiful login system based bootstrap, a inventory with html5. Think all possibilities...

All can made with CEF.. Sky is the limit..
https://embed.gyazo.com/9a45a13289d3...67930e96e4.jpg
https://my.mixtape.moe/ljxgew.png
https://embed.gyazo.com/8e3be7bc4b52...71bbccd4dd.png

people saying cef but most ppl (gmod and other shit) uses awesomium (fork of cef) for games

Can be done easily with C#, the problem is getting your players to use it.

Though when M-T-A first implemented the feature v1.3 they made it an optional thing, then they had to think of the security aspect (giving an internal way to whitelist websites, make the server ask for permission before loading a website, block unknown javascripts, ability to disable Java, Silverlight, Flash, etc) then it was finally released v1.5 and so far it has been great, people have been making cellphones / laptops, in-game cinemas, and in-game advertisements so the server has another way of generating revenue.

There are still security issues, the server can easily get what is being typed and clicked within the browser with JavaScript injection.
So using an PayPal / ******** authentication page within the server is out of the question.

I would love to see this implemented for SA-MP, but Kalcor stated that he has no plans on making SA-MP look less like the original game, despite allowing custom objects, materials, and TD styles. So it is up to you to make this yourself and convince your players to allow your server to do these things to their client. Or switch to using M-T-A where it is an already implemented and officially supported feature.

There has never been much success with any kind of SA-MP client add on. To me the effort wouldn't really amount to any level of usefulness outside a handful of people. I am just trying to put your project idea on the table of realistic expectations. Is it an awesome idea damn right it is and certainly possible but I really think your time could be spent on something else and you would get a lot more out of it.

It comes down to this when you weigh the scope of your project against expectations of your project and if your expectations out weigh your scope you have a serious problem. From what I have seen happen in the SA-MP community time and time again I can tell you that your expectations right now can only be summed up as absurdly high

So I have to give this idea 1-Star it just isn't worth the effort but by all means do as you please but of course I gave you some rep because it is a good idea.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...um#post3587511

There were a lot more on that previous 0.3.7 board
Your one line suggestion, doesn't come toward even recognizing at all how much work was involved in implementing such a thing.

MTA != SA-MP... It's totally different.

I do have to say though that SA-MP Live was under-stated, and went by unnoticed.

With regard to these kind of suggestions, the real problem is that people who suggest everything under the sun, cannot possibly code it themselves, and it almost comes close to a "Script this please" scenario.

Seriously, if people actually showed WiPs rather than simple "I found this on another site, and think it would be 'so cool' " then it'd likely be taken seriously.

And that doesn't include showing other projects work, and hoping that it'd be able to be implemented in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvison_
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not telling to make web browsers in server, think in all possibilities, make a beautiful login system based bootstrap, a inventory with html5. Think all possibilities...

All can made with CEF.. Sky is the limit..
https://embed.gyazo.com/9a45a13289d3...67930e96e4.jpg
https://my.mixtape.moe/ljxgew.png
https://embed.gyazo.com/8e3be7bc4b52...71bbccd4dd.png
Most of those can be textdraw based, and not to mention, again, showing other projects that have more capability does nothing but show "what could be" if sa-mp wasn't based on GTA SA... After all, all of those shots, are GTA V.

Big difference.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Your one line suggestion, doesn't come toward even recognizing at all how much work was involved in implementing such a thing.

MTA != SA-MP... It's totally different.

I do have to say though that SA-MP Live was under-stated, and went by unnoticed.

With regard to these kind of suggestions, the real problem is that people who suggest everything under the sun, cannot possibly code it themselves, and it almost comes close to a "Script this please" scenario.

Seriously, if people actually showed WiPs rather than simple "I found this on another site, and think it would be 'so cool' " then it'd likely be taken seriously.

And that doesn't include showing other projects work, and hoping that it'd be able to be implemented in this.

Most of those can be textdraw based, and not to mention, again, showing other projects that have more capability does nothing but show "what could be" if sa-mp wasn't based on GTA SA... After all, all of those shots, are GTA V.

Big difference.
Nobody said that MTA has to do something with SA-MP, if you cling on that argument it just proof how outdated this mod and it's developers are becoming, just because MTA has a feature that would be fantastic for us, it doesn't mean that SAMP will lose its essence. We could have many functions that MTA also has that wouldn't turn SAMP into another game different from GTA like MTA does, for example: CreateWater, SetWaveHeight, SetPlayerClothes (for CJ), SetPlayerBodyStats(for CJ), and so on.

I felt in love with that login dialog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
Посмотреть сообщение
I felt in love with that login dialog.
Easily made with Bootstrap, css/javascript framework.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Nobody said that MTA has to do something with SA-MP, if you cling on that argument it just proof how outdated this mod and it's developers are becoming, just because MTA has a feature that would be fantastic for us, it doesn't mean that SAMP will lose its essence. We could have many functions that MTA also has that wouldn't turn SAMP into another game different from GTA like MTA does, for example: CreateWater, SetWaveHeight, SetPlayerClothes (for CJ), SetPlayerBodyStats(for CJ), and so on.
CEF has everything to do with MTA as the examples posted are from MTAs implementation.

All of these things you list as being "possible" are put into MTA as MTA codes differently to samp...

Hence why I said SA-MP != MTA...

But hey, here's the thing... If you can provide a WiP, or any sort of knowledge as to how you'd actually implement this, other than simply saying "XXX has it, so we could put this in here", then by all means, prove me wrong.

You can suggest whatever you like, post up pics of everything, but actually having it "work" and be possible, is another story.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
CEF has everything to do with MTA as the examples posted are from MTAs implementation.

All of these things you list as being "possible" are put into MTA as MTA codes differently to samp...

Hence why I said SA-MP != MTA...

But hey, here's the thing... If you can provide a WiP, or any sort of knowledge as to how you'd actually implement this, other than simply saying "XXX has it, so we could put this in here", then by all means, prove me wrong.

You can suggest whatever you like, post up pics of everything, but actually having it "work" and be possible, is another story.
Dude what are you exactly talking about? You're telling me that things like SetWaveHeight for example would be impossible to be done in SAMP? LMAO, what's your problem? There are tons of mods based on that, just ****** for GTA SA Wave Height Mod and you'll find everything that you're judging "impossible to be done". Things just don't get "put" into mods code, there's a research, with the results you do tests, according to the tests you DEVELOP something. CEF is a framework that has nothing to do EXCLUSIVELY with MTA, CEF is used in tons of games, MTA doesn't own it, just shown how should be an implementation into GTA:SA, doesn't matter if it was GTA United, MTA or whatever else.

No. Because I think that will look too ugly. Even textdraws look ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvison_
Посмотреть сообщение
Players download a single .asi, this connect player to server by sockets.
It can't be a single .asi as CEF requires some dlls, locales etc (~100 mb), it looks to be difficult to use without clientside scripting, and it's not compatible with Windows XP (you'll lose a lot of SA-MP players).

Btw I have embedded it into SA-MP once, but I had clientside scripting (C++).
https://*********/NKlLFs9szVQ