[WILD WEST SERVER] Wildlife AI preview

Since the server is nearing beta testing, I decided to release a sneak preview of the wildlife system. Below you can find a elaborate video showcasing the basic key features with live commentary done by a friend and avid supporter of the server.

The deer system has been updated since the video was shot however it still comes down to the same thing, it mainly had interface updates so they aren't that major.

Here is another video showcasing the area system more proper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxVyqclCBA8

Magnificent!

Save a ranch for me so I can grow some cattle!

I wish animals too had animations so it would look more realistic.

Anyway, looks nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by markparker12
View Post
I wish animals too had animations so it would look more realistic.

Anyway, looks nice
Yeah. There's no way to properly give them animations though. I did it with my horse script because it used attachments but if I'd do it with objects it would be very server intensive, that's why I didn't use the same method. :P

Mood system would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiScripter
View Post
Mood system would be cool.
What's a mood system?

Very nice man! Like i was saying looking forward to this one!

Well done, I like your concept as well as the wildlife AI.

In my opinion this is one of the most original concepts I've seen in a while. I see you're doing well with attracting new possible players and fans, which is great, however, to maintain a good chunk of those players I think it's a necessity to not allow players getting bored after they have explored all the great features you have decided to add. (Horse riding, wildlife, inventory etc.). As those are probably the main reason for players to take a look in the first place.

I would love to see some kind of shift more towards an RPG or any softer Roleplay based gamemode, with for example fun (weekly/daily) missions (maybe unlocked by talking to NPC's?), or other fun activities which can be played as if it were singleplayer.

This allows for a nice mixture between roleplaying and personal goals/achievements to work on when the server is relatively quite, or when you don't feel like hardcore roleplaying. This will keep the game just a little more interesting in the long run for me personally.

Just felt like I'd leave my thoughts on this matter. Overall, looks like a great team бnd concept! Good luck!

Was never a fan of Red Dead Redemption but this older history approach towards a server and in particular for a gamemode is absolutely magnificent. Honestly I have high hopes for this project that you are working towards and I wish you a good luck spending your time forwards it. To be quite frank with you, I haven't been this excited for a project since Project Phoenix Roleplay.

Keep up with updating us with content!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic_Mickey
View Post
I would love to see some kind of shift more towards an RPG or any softer Roleplay based gamemode, with for example fun (weekly/daily) missions (maybe unlocked by talking to NPC's?), or other fun activities which can be played as if it were singleplayer.

This allows for a nice mixture between roleplaying and personal goals/achievements to work on when the server is relatively quite, or when you don't feel like hardcore roleplaying. This will keep the game just a little more interesting in the long run
Hey, thanks for your concern.

Of course you are totally right. Generic roleplay gets boring fast and that's exactly why we added farming and wildlife. Deers give materials for crafting and cattle as well. This allows players to progress their account as well as offer more advantages for their character. I was thinking of adding capturable settlements by posses or even players, just something to give players a drive to put effort into the game.

I will also see what I can do with your suggestion as this was exactly a subject I brought up with a friend earlier today.

EDIT: we also have a custom date system which was made especially for this; events and planned roleplaying scenes. Also we have NPC actors that serve as props but they can do exactly what you want by adding simple types.

AMAZING!

/////

It's great.
I think this server can have 100-150+ players.

Thanks for keeping the SA:MP community alive by doing stuff like this. Much appreciated

I've updated the subtitles of this video, so if some of the vocals aren't clear you can turn them on.