Send info on login

Hey

I've been brain storming and playing around with the ideas but nothing has been successful so I thought I'd ask for some advice in the right direction.

How should I go about sending players messages upon login of events that happened while they were offline.
Example: Somebody broke into their home. How would I check when they log in and send them an appropriate message.

I'm not asking for complete code. More just a push in the right direction so I can play the code myself.
Thank you!

I would dedicate a database table for it (or file if you're using y_ini or similar) for it.

When something happens but player is offline -> save down a row in that file with username of the player that it should affect.

When affected player logs in -> send the row information to the player and make sure that the row gets deleted so it's not used again.

There are probably other ways to do this, just seemed to be the first idea that popped up in my mind, but for sure you need to use an external variable saver (database) of some sort.

Hmm alright. Thank you so much for a response. I'll see what I can come up with.