FCNPC or RNPC?

Which is better and smooth? i am currently using fcnpc for my zombies (150), but i notice server crashes every morning (or maybe every 24 hours after i start?) and a fcnpc crash log is generated.

Also the zombies are a bit buggy & tend to fly / move via walls.

i havent tested rnpc so far, so anyone got any suggestions?

There are some functions you can do with FCNPC's but you cant with RNPC ..like placing an npc in the passenger seat of a car can only be done with FCNPC.
However if you only use it for zombies walking around grabbing your nuts i might as well go for RNPC.

About the crashes..i had no problem placing a huge amount of npcs on the server while using FCNPC. Itried it out with alot of npc's driving around. ( check my signature you can see more about that)

I noticed it crashes every night & works fine during day...

FCNPC is the perfect option for me, I can use plenty npcs at the same time, and thanks to the memory hacking method, I'm not forced to cause bottlenecks on my HDD, RNPC is heavy as fuck, I wouldn't go by this way.

FCNPC

For RNPC, mounting the npcmodes directory as ramdisk is enough to keep up with FCNPCs performance.

However, FCNPC is still being developed, RNPC is paused for ages now and noone could tell when/if the next update is coming. So id suggest FCNPC. RNPC perhaps is only interesting for people who really dont want memory hacking plugins.

Both plugins sucks at this state but if you really want to play with NPCs I suggest FCNPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
For RNPC, mounting the npcmodes directory as ramdisk is enough to keep up with FCNPCs performance.

However, FCNPC is still being developed, RNPC is paused for ages now and noone could tell when/if the next update is coming. So id suggest FCNPC. RNPC perhaps is only interesting for people who really dont want memory hacking plugins.
In FCNPC 1.4.0 you can load npcmodes to memory too with FCNPC_LoadPlayingPlayback. Or if you just use FCNPC_StartPlayingPlayback then your recorded file writes to the memory and played only after fully load.

P.S. Maybe in the future, I can fully escape from memory hacking in FCNPC and realize everything with RPC calls. So, after it, FCNPC will be possible to not update after every SA-MP release (except in cases of updating RPC values, or in some other rare cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0minal
View Post
Yeah but the problem with mapandreas is that it only returns the highest Z position in the ground, you can't go trough tunnels and buildings etc, that's a thing that can be done easily in pawn but anyways I would like to see something like that done in the plugin, people wouldn't have to do too much effort to have perfect zombies and followers arround the map. I don't know if you understood me but, imagine that there's a player inside the tunnel, with the basic mapandreas findz you would reach the Z coord in the top of the tunnel, so if you activate the parameter "use_mapandreas" the npc would go to the top of it instead of getting inside the tunnel. But there comes the logic, I could just not use mapandreas and let the zombie go straight from his coords to target's coords, but lets figure out that it's a steep tunnel, so the NPC will start to flying a bit upper from the ground because that the player Z_Coord is increasing, with colandreas we could just get the current zombie z coord, and raycast a line from a bit upper to deep down him, the result coord would be the collision point with the ground that would make him keep his path on the floor not flying, I'm developing my own zombies system based on this and dropping player nodes by his path, I think that we have tools that we have never had before to do these kind of things be perfect like that.
Thats the catch indeed. The steep tunnel wouldnt be a problem though, movement is interpolated and not purely locked to the mapandreas raster, and san andreas objects are linear enough, so the interpolation works well. But the highest z-coord stuff really sucks about it and makes it useless for several mapping scenarios and indoor movement.
Doing it purely with colandreas might be too slow though if you use many NPCs. Finding the path through a simple course might take several thousand collision checks. Just checking a variable in an array that often doesnt even scratch the performance limit, but several thousand raycasts for each NPCs might be too much, even though ColAndreas is really fast. A hybrid mode might work, simply speaking using mapandreas above the ground and colandreas below. Using a pure ColAndreas pathfinder would probably require a much more careful programmed NPC AI to sustain the same amount of NPCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiGGi
View Post
In FCNPC 1.4.0 you can load npcmodes to memory too with FCNPC_LoadPlayingPlayback. Or if you just use FCNPC_StartPlayingPlayback then your recorded file writes to the memory and played only after fully load.

P.S. Maybe in the future, I can fully escape from memory hacking in FCNPC and realize everything with RPC calls. So, after it, FCNPC will be possible to not update after every SA-MP release (except in cases of updating RPC values, or in some other rare cases).
Sounds interesting. Looks like you brought some really nice features and updates to FCNPC, I should check that out in detail when I got the time.

Im not meaning to say memory hacking is bad btw. As long as theres someone updating it for new samp versions its absolutely fine. Got to keep in mind that even samp itself is based on memory hacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
Thats the catch indeed. The steep tunnel wouldnt be a problem though, movement is interpolated and not purely locked to the mapandreas raster, and san andreas objects are linear enough, so the interpolation works well. But the highest z-coord stuff really sucks about it and makes it useless for several mapping scenarios and indoor movement.
Doing it purely with colandreas might be too slow though if you use many NPCs. Finding the path through a simple course might take several thousand collision checks. Just checking a variable in an array that often doesnt even scratch the performance limit, but several thousand raycasts for each NPCs might be too much, even though ColAndreas is really fast. A hybrid mode might work, simply speaking using mapandreas above the ground and colandreas below. Using a pure ColAndreas pathfinder would probably require a much more careful programmed NPC AI to sustain the same amount of NPCs.

Sounds interesting. Looks like you brought some really nice features and updates to FCNPC, I should check that out in detail when I got the time.

Im not meaning to say memory hacking is bad btw. As long as theres someone updating it for new samp versions its absolutely fine. Got to keep in mind that even samp itself is based on memory hacking.
I don't know, ColAndreas is really really fast, and I'm planning to have 950 zombies on my server but they won't be chasing someone all the time, just some of them. I didn't make a benchmarck yet but I thought about that MapAndreas stuff, I think it would be the pretty same thing as use ColAndreas to Raycast to the ground, I didn't see any comparision yet but I think that finding z ground with ColAndreas is lighter than finding with MapAndreas (I might be really talking shit here), it might not be faster than MapAndreas in this case but I'm really pissed of from leaving that .hmap files on my scriptfiles foder