Host or VPS

Hello, i am looking forward to open my server just need some guidance from professionals out there, is hosting server on hosting sites better than vps? i will also host forums so need guidance accordingly. If i should go for VPS then kindly suggest a good and affordable one, will i able to host samp server and website both?

VPS. Always go for a VPS. It requires a lot of tinkering and management, but it's worth it since you can control a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyll
View Post
VPS. Always go for a VPS. It requires a lot of tinkering and management, but it's worth it since you can control a lot more.
Agreed.

If you aren't familiar with Linux, then go for a hosting provider that offers per-slots. It will give you less hassle, and in most cases better protection against attacks.

Otherwise, get a VPS.

Thanks for the replies guys but is there any windows vps? if not then can you provide me a link or tutorial or either guide me how to use linux vps i am kinda new to this vps thing. I have searched but was unlucky in finding it hopefully will get somehelp. Also suggest a good and affordable VPS.

www.EpicHosts.co.uk/vps.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marven
View Post
Thanks for the replies guys but is there any windows vps? if not then can you provide me a link or tutorial or either guide me how to use linux vps i am kinda new to this vps thing. I have searched but was unlucky in finding it hopefully will get somehelp. Also suggest a good and affordable VPS.
OVH offers pretty cheap rates for Windows VPS. Usually, you'd have to pay an extra fee for the Windows license and you'd be sacrificing a lot more RAM than you would if you had a Linux VPS.

Yeah, the windows vps from OVH is really cheap and easy to use, the only thing you need to do with your SA-MP server is add the .exe's to the firewall.