Quick question regarding VPS.

Can a VPS with 1 vCore 2.4ghz handle a server with 40 players and mysql?

RAM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBraNjeNi
Посмотреть сообщение
RAM?
2gb of RAM

I might be mistaken, but I think you can't.
Why not just by a gameserver if you don't meet the requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
Посмотреть сообщение
I might be mistaken, but I think you can't.
Why not just by a gameserver if you don't meet the requirements?
Please if you can't answer my question don't give me tips.I just want to know the answer of my question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
Посмотреть сообщение
Please if you can't answer my question don't give me tips.I just want to know the answer of my question
Like I said, I'm not sure (but it's better than 'idk') but with those specs you can't run a server with 40 players (did you mean slots?) with mysql.Of course I am not an expert but I am pretty sure you can't

Yes, it can handle. As long as you won't host anything along with the server that eats much ram. Even It might handle more player slots as well depending on how the gamemode is optimized. I have a 1gb ram, 1gb vswap, 10gb SSD VPS which running ZNC, SA-MP testing server, MySQL, PHP, and things I don't even remember, probably an IRC bot that uses mono.

Why do you guys think that SA-MP servers is so heavy that it needs a dedi to run on? Haven't you realized that most of dedicated SA-MP hosting allocates just 512mb if not 256mb of memory to your server? Maybe lower. Also in most of cases it's shared with other servers as well.

Guys, if you never had a server or have no knowledge in this domain, then don't post here just to increase that counter under your nicknames.

I ran: Nginx, PHP, MySQL, VPN server, 50 slot test SA-MP server (~30 players maximum) + a bit of shady stuff on the cheapest digital ocean cloud. It did handle pretty well.

So, yes, that VPS is enough for a small to medium server (considering that network is not an issue)