Exactly, what are "_:" (De-tagging) used for?

I apologize for ranting so much questions lately, but I just can't help it due to my dumb brain that lacks comprehension.

So, as the title said, what are De-tagging used for? And exactly, why do we De-tag variables?

Saw this on the wiki but it doesn't mention any reason on why do we have to de-tag these Variables.
PHP Code:
new myTagvariable 0,

AppleTaganother 1
Quote:

This is perfectly valid, however, when adding these two variables directly, you must use '_:' to 'de-tag' them, otherwise the compiler will produce a 'tag mismatch' warning.

Thanks for your answers!

Well so far that I know, it`s prefix for connecting two variables or two arreys. But it`s one of the more usages of that prefix. But that what I know. Maybe this helps you.

Like you already said, it detags any variable to prevents the tag mismatch warning
You sometimes need it in format because the type isn't in the format list and you don't want to see the warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero_3D
View Post
Like you already said, it detags any variable to prevents the tag mismatch warning
You sometimes need it in format because the type isn't in the format list and you don't want to see the warning
Hmm.. I kinda get it now, thanks Nero_3D!

Asking stupid questions is important sometimes, because it seems stupid but isn't really.