"Anyways" - A Common Mistake

I've noticed MANY people here and in the SAMP community in general like to use "anyways".

Anyone else found it weird? This does not happen in other forum and communities.

Just saw several posts with this and decided to bring it out. Promoting good English speaking, haha.

Quote:

Simply put, “anyway” without an S is correct. Always use it without the S. “Anyways” with the S is considered slang, and is a part of nonstandard, colloquial, or informal English. Furthermore, since “anyway” is an adverb and it is impossible for adverbs to be plural.

What's wrong with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
What's wrong with it?
Nothing.

I just found it weird to see so many people using "anyways", I just wanted to point it out.

Here's one example I just saw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmokezU
View Post
This Guy ^^

Anyways if you see most of the suggestion its not really a waste of time but still there soooo many servers already,players won't change over to something new etc etc I learned Pawn coding but i've move on Learning more advance MYSQL,JAVA,HTML etc I'm doing pretty well But its up to you Pawn was my first language i didn't regret it

Hmm. I just found this; http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anyways although I do use it from time to time.

sorry that i'm not from a english speaking country i will kill myself now

Shouldnt matter, lmao.

sry i trigrd ur ocd

Thanks for clearing out this common mistake.I am doing some english classes and i had a question about that word since i thought it was "anyways".Maybe a thread was unnecessary but who cares since this is the everything and nothing's section lol.

What so ever, anyways, good point.

I find the use "u" over of "you" way worse.

I hate when people use the word 'like' when they're describing. I'm probably guilty of this too.

this thread is screaming for grammar nazis to unite

but yes, noted tyvm

In other news, spaces overran tabs... Who'd have thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
That is probably more than annoying than "anyways", least it's a word and not a letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Most people use "u" over "you" because it's shorter but then later they use it constantly.Tbh, I don't know why some of you get bothered by this lol..

I hate it when people write hahahaha or lol but they're sitting in-front of their computer/phone like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение
I hate it when people write hahahaha or lol but they're sitting in-front of their computer/phone like

lol hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
Посмотреть сообщение
Most people use "u" over "you" because it's shorter but then later they use it constantly.Tbh, I don't know why some of you get bothered by this lol..
It conveys a certain laziness. Also makes them look somewhat uneducated. If typing with ten fingers the average person can churn out about ninety words per minute. It's a skill that has to be acquired, but it's such a breeze being able to type without even looking at the keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение

Ok, I have to ask.What exactly did you mean by that?People that are sitting in front of their computers or on their phones they can't write "lol/hahahahah", hahahaha (really laughing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnZ
Посмотреть сообщение
I've noticed MANY people here and in the SAMP community in general like to use "anyways".

Anyone else found it weird? This does not happen in other forum and communities.