Is it worth learning PAWN?

So as the game is getting old day by day, but I don't know about the player count..

I just wanted to ask that is it worth it to learn PAWN and script a server?
because I've almost finished python and thinking to move on to either C or C++
but C is the only language that's similar to PAWN.

Thank you

Personally I dont think it's worth it learning Pawn. If you are a beginner in programming, go for Delphi or Java. C# and C++ is worth learning when you want to code more reliable applications. I may not be right :P Thats what I think..

If you are learning java or C# you can use the APi's that has been provided to the community, namely SampSharp and Shoebill. You should check out those two frameworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolence101
Посмотреть сообщение
Personally I dont think it's worth it learning Pawn. If you are a beginner in programming, go for Delphi or Java. C# and C++ is worth learning when you want to code more reliable applications. I may not be right :P Thats what I think..

If you are learning java or C# you can use the APi's that has been provided to the community, namely SampSharp and Shoebill. You should check out those two frameworks
Great info and suggestion there.
I just found out that you can script gamemodes with Python aswell! Click here
I was surprised to find this but I need suggestions on this..
Will it be easy and helpful if I just script GMs with Python plugin?

Wow, you learned python pretty fast
Learning new languages is really up to you.If you feel like you want to learn a new language go ahead.

It's too late now.. if you learned that 8 years ago you would have a succesful server right now

Ah okay, guess ill just move in to C++
Btw thank You for your opinions.

It can't really hurt to learn it, it's not really a hard language to learn.

I think it would totally be worth learning. It will just help out with other languages in the future. Even if you never open a server its still a great learning experience. Also saying you finished a scripting language is hard to believe, there is always something that can be done a different way and it is always a learning experience Just my opinion i guess.

Nah, do not waste your time, this gonna be dead one day anyways. Just go straight and learn Java, I'd recommend you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revazix
Посмотреть сообщение
Nah, do not waste your time, this gonna be dead one day anyways. Just go straight and learn Java, I'd recommend you.
This Guy ^^

Anyways if you see most of the suggestion its not really a waste of time but still there soooo many servers already,players won't change over to something new etc etc I learned Pawn coding but i've move on Learning more advance MYSQL,JAVA,HTML etc I'm doing pretty well But its up to you Pawn was my first language i didn't regret it